Digital TV News: Zenith
Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
Sep 16, 2019 – The average person will spend 100 minutes each day watching online video in 2021, up from 84 minutes this year, according to Zenith’s Online Video Forecasts 2019 report. That’s the equivalent of watching 25 continuous days of video in 2021.
News categories: Zenith, Jonathan Barnard, Matt James, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Television remains the most popular global medium
Jun 10, 2019 – According to Zenith Media, television remains the biggest medium globally, attracting 167 minutes of viewing each day in 2019. Television viewing is predicted to fall slowly to 165 minutes a day in 2021, to then account for 33% of all media consumption.
News categories: Zenith, Jonathan Barnard, Matt James, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Linius partners with Hemisphere to build hyper-personalized advertising prototype
Feb 28, 2019 – Linius Technologies (ASX: LNU) has partnered with Hemisphere to build a Hyper-Personalized Advertising Prototype on its SaaS platform. The prototype enables advertisers to deliver and analyze any number of unique ads across any number of customized video streams.
News categories: Linius Technologies, Hemisphere, Chris Richardson, Glyn Beaumont, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Worldwide
Online video viewing to exceed an hour a day in 2018
Jul 16, 2018 – Global consumers will spend an average of 67 minutes a day watching online video this year, up from 56 minutes last year, according to Zenith. By 2020 the average person will be spending 84 minutes a day watching videos online.
News categories: Zenith Media, Jonathan Barnard, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
LG first TV manufacturer to join Phoenix ATSC 3.0 ‘Model Market’
Apr 5, 2018 – LG Electronics will be a technology partner for the ATSC 3.0 'Model Market' project in Phoenix. LG is the first manufacturer to provide receivers for the project to show how Next Gen TV can be deployed while maintaining existing TV service for viewers.
News categories: LG Electronics, Pearl TV, Dr. Jong Kim, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
US pay TV revenues to fall by $27 billion
Mar 12, 2018 – US pay TV revenues peaked in 2015, at $101.71 billion, according to Digital TV Research. A $26.58 billion decline (26%) is forecast between 2015 and 2023 to take the total down to $75.13 billion.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, North America, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
LG 4K UHD TVs in Korea include ATSC 3.0 tuners
Jan 10, 2018 – LG Electronics, co-developer of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television broadcast standard, has confirmed that all LG 4K Ultra HD TVs now on the market in South Korea already incorporate ATSC 3.0 tuning circuitry.
News categories: LG Electronics, ATSC, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Consumer frustration at OTT TV experience
Jan 3, 2018 – Ooyala has released its State of the Broadcast Industry 2018 report which maps out the challenges for content creators and distributors as they strive to maintain and grow audiences in an increasingly fragmented media landscape.
News categories: Ooyala, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA, UX, Worldwide
CTA publishes Recommended Practice for ATSC 3.0 television sets
Sep 27, 2017 – The Consumer Technology Association's (CTA) Technology & Standards Fall Forum kicked off with the publication of guidelines to improve the capabilities of TV sets decoding ATSC 3.0 signals. The guidelines aim to help improve the user-experience.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Brian Markwalter, ATSC, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware