Digital TV News: Zenith
Consumer frustration at OTT TV experience
Jan 3, 2018 – Ooyala has released its State of the Broadcast Industry 2018 report which maps out the challenges for content creators and distributors as they strive to maintain and grow audiences in an increasingly fragmented media landscape.
News categories: Ooyala, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA, UX, Worldwide
CTA publishes Recommended Practice for ATSC 3.0 television sets
Sep 27, 2017 – The Consumer Technology Association's (CTA) Technology & Standards Fall Forum kicked off with the publication of guidelines to improve the capabilities of TV sets decoding ATSC 3.0 signals. The guidelines aim to help improve the user-experience.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Brian Markwalter, ATSC, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Zenith renews TV ratings agreement with Nielsen
Jun 19, 2017 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that Zenith has signed a new agreement for Nielsen’s Local Television Measurement. The renewal will provide Zenith with continued access to Nielsen’s local currency TV ratings data across all 210 designated market areas (DMAs).
News categories: Nielsen, Zenith, Publicis, Michael Sharp, Joe Cerone, Frank Friedman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Burkina Faso selects Eutelsat to speed DTT deployment
May 30, 2017 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced an agreement for satellite capacity with Société burkinabè de télédiffusion (SBT), the public agency deploying DTT channels across Burkina Faso. The contract is a major step in the drive to accelerate analogue switch-off in Burkina Faso.
News categories: Eutelsat, Société burkinabè de télédiffusion, Michel Azibert, Kadidia Savadogo, Burkina Faso, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial
LG introduces first 4K UHD TVs for ATSC 3.0 in Korea
Jan 6, 2017 – Starting this spring, ahead of the 2018 Winter Olympics, LG will introduce the first ATSC 3.0-enabled 4K Ultra HD TVs to support the deployment of the Next Gen TV broadcast standard in South Korea.
News categories: LG, Brian Kwon, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV
First live ATSC 3.0 broadcast of a major professional sporting event
Oct 26, 2016 – A local TV station in Cleveland is ushering in the era of Next Gen TV broadcasting with the first live ATSC 3.0 broadcast of a major professional sporting event – Major League Baseball’s World Series.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Tribune Broadcasting, NAB, Richard Friedel, Bill VanDuynhoven, Sam Matheny, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Live ATSC 3.0 broadcast at CES2016 delivers 4K UHD HDR to LG OLED 4K TVs
Jan 6, 2016 – With its first live over-the-air broadcast of 4K Ultra HD TV with high dynamic range (HDR) using the new ATSC 3.0 Candidate Standard, LG Electronics (LG) is ushering in the era of next-generation television broadcasting at CES 2016.
News categories: LG Electronics, Dr. Skott Ahn, ATSC, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
SBS, LG conduct first ATSC 3.0 test transmission in Korea
Sep 21, 2015 – Korean broadcaster SBS has partnered with LG Electronics for the first live over-the-air broadcast of 4K Ultra HD signals using technologies behind the emerging ATSC 3.0 next-generation television broadcast standard.
News categories: LG Electronics, SBS, Dr. Skott Ahn, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
Field tests show capabilities of emerging ATSC 3.0 standard
Jul 10, 2015 – Television broadcasters will reach even more viewers with robust, digital over-the-air ATSC 3.0 signals, the improved broadcast transmission system under development now with key elements being field tested in the U.S. this summer.
News categories: LG Electronics, GatesAir, Dr. Skott Ahn, Rich Redmond, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA