Digital TV News: Zhone
China’s appetite for broadband fuels growth in CPE market
Sep 23, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has raised its outlook for the broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) market. In its September report, the firm has increased its 2019 worldwide broadband CPE forecast by 8%, to US$12.4 billion.
News categories: IHS Inc, Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, 5G, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Nearly 90 million DOCSIS 3.0 CPE units shipped over last 12 quarters
Jan 6, 2015 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 3Q14 Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. Connected home and multiscreen services continue to proliferate. As a result, an increasing number of video-capable gateways are being shipped globally.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
May 16, 2013 – According to a survey from market research firm Infonetics, broadband data, IPTV, WiFi hotspot access, and VoIP are the main applications operator respondents are currently offering using a residential gateway.
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Communication Partner SRL selects Zhone for GPON deployments in Argentina
Sep 14, 2012 – Zhone Technologies (NASDAQ: ZHNE) has announced that its MXK™ system has been selected by Communication Partner SRL for five GPON deployments in the Argentinean provinces of Buenos Aires, Córdoba and Neuquén.
News categories: Zhone Technologies, Communication Partner SRL, Argentina, Broadband, Fibre, IPTV
DOCSIS 3.0 Boosts Broadband CPE Market
Jul 18, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released its first quarter (1Q12) Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. The battle between Huawei and ZTE for overall broadband CPE revenue share continues: Huawei took back the top spot in 1Q12, slightly edging out ZTE.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, Fibre, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Router
North America Is Home Networking Leader, Thanks to MoCA
Jun 25, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. MoCA embedded set-top boxes (STBs), FTTB ONTs, coax-Ethernet adapters, and WiFi broadband routers are driving growth in the home networking device market.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Broadband CPE and Home Networking Vendors Make Push towards Premium Services
Dec 19, 2011 – Infonetics has released vendor market share standings and market forecasts from two third quarter (3Q11) broadband access reports. Despite a 7% worldwide decline in cable CPE revenue, Motorola (NYSE: MMI) held on to the top spot in cable CPE.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, DOCSIS, Fibre, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Router, Smart Home
Zhone Technologies Announces Network Expansion With SRT Communications to Support Microsoft Mediaroom
Aug 10, 2011 – Zhone Technologies (NASDAQ:ZHNE) has announced that its MXK™ multi-service access node (MSAN) will be used by SRT Communications (SRT) in combination with Microsoft® Mediaroom® to deliver new IPTV and video services via ADSL2+ and FTTH.
News categories: Zhone, SRT Communications, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Residential gateway survey shows strong support for IPTV
Apr 7, 2011 – Infonetics Research has conducted a survey of telcos in N. America, EMEA, and CALA. The resulting report captures the service providers' strategies for residential gateways, and their top picks for vendors, services, technologies, and features.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Smart Home
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos