Digital TV News: beIN MEDIA
beIN SPORTS renews with Nielsen for U.S. TV ratings
Jul 2, 2019 – beIN SPORTS has signed a TV measurement agreement with Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) for the U.S. Under the agreement, both beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español will continue to receive market intelligence and person-level viewing data for both networks.
News categories: Nielsen, beIN SPORTS, Peter Bradbury, Antonio Briceño, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Digiturk selects Unified Streaming to consolidate video delivery
Jan 24, 2019 – Digiturk has chosen Unified Streaming to support its newly consolidated video-streaming environment. Features will include support of a multi-CDN and multi-DRM strategy and the integration of an efficient, user-friendly nPVR.
News categories: Unified Streaming, Digiturk, Simon Westbroek, Hatice Memigüven, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Turkey
beIN MEDIA announces satellite migration to Eutelsat
Dec 18, 2018 – beIN MEDIA GROUP has announced that it is migrating its transponder capacity from Nilesat over to Eutelsat 8°W. After December 31, subscribers will need to ensure that their set top boxes are reconfigured to avoid any interruptions.
News categories: beIN MEDIA, Eutelsat, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box
beIN taps Metrological for integrated OTT and app experiences
Jun 5, 2018 – beIN has announced that it has selected Metrological to provide its new integrated TV app experience. The App Store service will be available on beIN’s Hybrid Satellite and IP legacy and new OTT STBs for customers in the Middle East, Turkey and North Africa.
News categories: Metrological, beIN Media, Thijs Bijleveld, Mohammed Al Subaie, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Middle-East, OTT, Set Top Box, Turkey
beIN selects Irdeto for CA and security services
Sep 19, 2017 – Irdeto has announced details of a new three year deal with beIN. beIN will be using Irdeto’s Conditional Access Solution and security services for the delivery of live sports and entertainment content to customers across the MENA region.
News categories: Irdeto, beIN Media, Doug Lowther, Yousef Al-Obaidly, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middle-East
Eutelsat renews long-term video capacity agreement with Digiturk
Jul 27, 2017 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Digiturk have concluded a multi-year multi-transponder agreement on the EUTELSAT 7A satellite, extending a collaboration that began in 2000 with the launch of Turkey’s first pay-TV platform.
News categories: Eutelsat, Digiturk, Rodolphe Belmer, Yousef Al-Obaidly, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Turkey
Pay TV spending spree in Middle East and North Africa
Apr 11, 2017 – The pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa saw record growth in 2016 despite harsh economic conditions, according to IHS Markit. Pay TV households topped the five million mark for the first time in the region’s history.
News categories: IHS Markit, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers
beIN and Technicolor deliver MENA's first 4k UHD satellite receiver
Jun 16, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that global media and entertainment leader beIN MEDIA Group has integrated Technicolor’s 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) technology into its broadcast platform for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
News categories: Technicolor, beIN MEDIA, Mercedes Pastor, Yousef Al Obaidly, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019