Digital TV News: bmcoforum
Industry effort to profile multi-screen TV delivery
Sep 8, 2010 – Alcatel Lucent, KPN, Nokia, Nokia Siemens Networks and Sofia Digital are working together in the bmcoforum to allow seamless consumption of TV and video either from mobile device, TV or computer.
News categories: bmcoforum, IBC2020, Mobile
Increased dynamics of mobile broadcast TV around the world in 2009
Mar 1, 2010 – An updated bmcoforum report describes the recent regulatory framework and implementation status as of the beginning of 2010 in countries with existing mobile TV service offers.
News categories: bmcoforum, Austria, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iraq, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Mobile, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Smart TV, South Africa, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, Uruguay, USA
New initiative for mass market mobile TV devices
Dec 1, 2009 – Fifteen service providers and broadcast network operators have launched an initiative to unify their handset requirements in order to have DVB-H enabled devices available as soon as possible, preferably for the FIFA football world cup in Q2 2010.
News categories: bmcoforum, Digital TV, Mobile
European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) Approves Publication of FLO™ Air Interface Specification
Feb 16, 2009 – The FLO Forum is pleased to recognize the decision of the EBU / CENELEC / ETSI Joint Technical Committee (JTC) Broadcast to publish ETSI TS 102 589, 'Forward Link Only Air Interface; Specification for Terrestrial Mobile; Multimedia Multicast.'
News categories: FLO Forum, Mobile, Smart TV
Mobile Broadcast TV ready to go with bmcoforum implementation profiles of the OMA BCAST enabler
Jan 7, 2009 – Profiles of the OMA BCAST enabler specifications have been developed including those functions of OMA BCAST that have been agreed to be a top priority in early deployments of Mobile TV Broadcast based on DVB-H and 3G cellular networks.
News categories: bmcoforum, 5G, Mobile
Are National Regulation Frameworks for Mobile TV ready?
May 7, 2008 – A study on terrestrial mobile broadcast TV by the bmcoforum has concluded that a significant number of countries are still lagging behind most advanced countries in defining the regulatory framework including the licensing conditions and processes.
News categories: bmcoforum, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Market Research, Mobile, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Regulation, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA
Discretix, VisualOn And Axel Technologies Offer Joint Mobile TV Solution
Feb 4, 2008 – Three prominent names in the mobile handset software space -- embedded security solutions leader Discretix, multimedia application provider VisualOn, and mobile TV middleware developer Axel Technologies -- have partnered to provide a pre-integrated Mobile TV solution for handset OEMs.
News categories: Discretix, Axel Technologies, VisualOn, CAM, Digital TV, DRM, Middleware, Mobile, MWC20
OMA BCAST 1.0 mobile TV interoperability tests held in Berlin
Jun 11, 2007 – bmcoforum members held a test camp from June 4-8, 2007 in Berlin targeting interoperable end-to-end solutions based on an initial implementation profile for mobile TV based on specifications of the Open Mobile Alliance.
News categories: bmcoforum, Open Mobile Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile
Leading mobile companies endorse OMA BCAST
Apr 13, 2007 – Digitenne, Ericsson, KPN, Nokia, Nokia Siemens Networks, NXP Semiconductors, Sony Ericsson, Telefónica, O2 Europe, T-Mobile, Vodafone and ZTE today announced their support for a Mobile TV implementation profile developed by the bmcoforum. More …
News categories: 5G, Digital TV, Mobile
- IBC launches virtual event: IBC Showcase
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Safaricom launches Android TV streaming box
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions