Digital TV News: bmcoforum
Industry effort to profile multi-screen TV delivery
Sep 8, 2010 – Alcatel Lucent, KPN, Nokia, Nokia Siemens Networks and Sofia Digital are working together in the bmcoforum to allow seamless consumption of TV and video either from mobile device, TV or computer.
News categories: bmcoforum, IBC2019, Mobile
Increased dynamics of mobile broadcast TV around the world in 2009
Mar 1, 2010 – An updated bmcoforum report describes the recent regulatory framework and implementation status as of the beginning of 2010 in countries with existing mobile TV service offers.
News categories: bmcoforum, Austria, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iraq, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Mobile, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Smart TV, South Africa, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, Uruguay, USA
New initiative for mass market mobile TV devices
Dec 1, 2009 – Fifteen service providers and broadcast network operators have launched an initiative to unify their handset requirements in order to have DVB-H enabled devices available as soon as possible, preferably for the FIFA football world cup in Q2 2010.
News categories: bmcoforum, Digital TV, Mobile
European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) Approves Publication of FLO™ Air Interface Specification
Feb 16, 2009 – The FLO Forum is pleased to recognize the decision of the EBU / CENELEC / ETSI Joint Technical Committee (JTC) Broadcast to publish ETSI TS 102 589, 'Forward Link Only Air Interface; Specification for Terrestrial Mobile; Multimedia Multicast.'
News categories: FLO Forum, Mobile, Smart TV
Mobile Broadcast TV ready to go with bmcoforum implementation profiles of the OMA BCAST enabler
Jan 7, 2009 – Profiles of the OMA BCAST enabler specifications have been developed including those functions of OMA BCAST that have been agreed to be a top priority in early deployments of Mobile TV Broadcast based on DVB-H and 3G cellular networks.
News categories: bmcoforum, 5G, Mobile
Are National Regulation Frameworks for Mobile TV ready?
May 7, 2008 – A study on terrestrial mobile broadcast TV by the bmcoforum has concluded that a significant number of countries are still lagging behind most advanced countries in defining the regulatory framework including the licensing conditions and processes.
News categories: bmcoforum, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Market Research, Mobile, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Regulation, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA
Discretix, VisualOn And Axel Technologies Offer Joint Mobile TV Solution
Feb 4, 2008 – Three prominent names in the mobile handset software space -- embedded security solutions leader Discretix, multimedia application provider VisualOn, and mobile TV middleware developer Axel Technologies -- have partnered to provide a pre-integrated Mobile TV solution for handset OEMs.
News categories: Discretix, Axel Technologies, VisualOn, CAM, Digital TV, DRM, Middleware, Mobile, MWC19
OMA BCAST 1.0 mobile TV interoperability tests held in Berlin
Jun 11, 2007 – bmcoforum members held a test camp from June 4-8, 2007 in Berlin targeting interoperable end-to-end solutions based on an initial implementation profile for mobile TV based on specifications of the Open Mobile Alliance.
News categories: bmcoforum, Open Mobile Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile
Leading mobile companies endorse OMA BCAST
Apr 13, 2007 – Digitenne, Ericsson, KPN, Nokia, Nokia Siemens Networks, NXP Semiconductors, Sony Ericsson, Telefónica, O2 Europe, T-Mobile, Vodafone and ZTE today announced their support for a Mobile TV implementation profile developed by the bmcoforum. More …
News categories: 5G, Digital TV, Mobile
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient