Digital TV News: eir
US operators failing to make the most of customer data
Apr 3, 2019 – Paywizard has announced that a study of major US broadcasters, pay-TV operators, Telcos and OTT service providers has revealed that none are currently making the most of their data to more effectively engage customers and prospects.
News categories: Paywizard, Bhavesh Vaghela, Ben Keen, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, USA
NorDig approves Unified Requirements v3.1
Oct 8, 2018 – NorDig has approved a new version of its specifications for digital TVs and STBs (IRDs). Among the novelties in the specification, NorDig Unified Requirements v3.1, is the addition of Next Generation Audio (NGA) for HEVC based services.
News categories: NorDig, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Terrestrial
AsiaSat 6 to provide video services in China
Jan 18, 2016 – The State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television of The People’s Republic of China (SAPPRFT) has recently given permission for AsiaSat 6 to serve Chinese broadcasters for video distribution to cable headends in China.
News categories: AsiaSat, SAPPRFT, William Wade, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Ireland's eir goes OTT with SeaChange
Nov 17, 2015 – eir's eir Vision IPTV platform, based on SeaChange International (Nasdaq:SEAC) software and services, has expanded to include over-the-top (OTT) live TV for eir Vision customers on iOS and Android devices.
News categories: SeaChange, eir, Jay Samit, Elaine Robinson, Apps, Digital TV, Ireland, Mobile, OTT
37,000 IPTV customers for eircom
May 18, 2015 – eircom Group has announced results for the third quarter and nine months ended 31 March 2015. The company said that it now has 37,000 TV customers, representing 26% penetration of its consumer fibre base.
News categories: eircom, IPTV, Ireland, Results, Subscribers
15,000 subscribers for Netgem's LaBox in France
Jan 16, 2014 – Netgem has announced results for the quarter ended on 31 December 2013. In France, the LaBox service had reached more than 15,000 subscribers by year-end, a few months after its launch.
News categories: Netgem, France, OTT, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
Dec 11, 2013 – SeaChange (Nasdaq:SEAC) has announced that Ireland's eircom has deployed SeaChange's Adrenalin platform for its eVision TV service. eVision offers residential broadband, phone, mobile and TV packages over eircom's fibre network.
News categories: SeaChange, eircom, David Thatcher, Andrei Noppe, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, Ireland
eircom's eVision TV launches with Netgem STBs
Oct 17, 2013 – Netgem has announced that Ireland's eircom has started rolling out its new eVision TV service based on Netgem's technologies. The service is delivered via Netgem's 7700 series STB and its mediacenter 8000 PVR series allowing eircom to offer both main room and multiroom options.
News categories: Netgem, eircom, Christophe Aulnette, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Ireland, Set Top Box
eircom Launches eVision
Oct 16, 2013 – eVision, eircom’s new TV service, has been introduced to the Irish market offering a range of the most popular channels. eVision comes with a free eVision+ set-top box and includes features such as the ability to pause and rewind live TV.
News categories: eircom, Herb Hribar, Kevin White, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Ireland, Set Top Box
- Minerva to power Dhiraagu's TV services in the Maldives
- BritBox chooses Deltatre as front-end and UX design partner
- ADB builds satellite STB platform with MediaTek
- GatesAir TV transmission deal with Doordarshan expanded to Northern India
- Live video streaming to have 91 million subscribers by 2024
- Amobee to integrate LiveRamp IdentityLink to enhance targeting
- Telia Carrier offers direct connectivity for MOBITV streaming TV apps
- Ocean Blue Software releases CI Plus 2.0 Host software stack
- FPT Play selects ATEME for OTT headend in Vietnam
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs to get Chromecast built-in update with Disney+ support
- Edgeware and ENENSYS form alliance
- US telecom and pay-TV service revenue to rise to $419.4bn by 2024
- Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
- Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
- Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
- iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019