Digital TV News: eir
NorDig replaces DVB-MHP with HbbTV for interactive IRDs
Apr 4, 2012 – NorDig has specified a common API for interactive services for advanced IRDs, now referred to as hybrid IRDs. From now on hybrid IRDs will be based on the Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) standard, replacing DVB MHP as NorDig's chosen API.
News categories: NorDig, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, HbbTV, Iceland, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Sweden, Terrestrial
eircom to Launch IPTV Services from Mid 2012
Jul 28, 2011 – Ireland's eircom has announced that it intends to launch a range of entertainment services over fibre, including television via a customer's broadband connection (IPTV), video on demand, catch up TV and social media via TV.
News categories: eircom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Ireland
Global Market for Internet TV to Reach $81.2 Billion by 2017
Apr 12, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts has announced the release of a comprehensive global report on Internet TV. The global market for Internet TV is forecast to reach $81.2 billion by the year 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Acer Selects Broadcom for HD Media Playback on Select Aspire One Models
Jun 2, 2009 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that the Broadcom® Crystal HD solution has been selected by Acer (Taipei: 2353) to provide high quality, high definition (HD) media playback on a new line of affordable mid-range notebook computers.
News categories: Broadcom, Acer, Digital TV, OTT, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Broadcom Enables HD Media Playback in HP Mini 110 Netbook
Jun 2, 2009 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that the Broadcom® Crystal HD solution has been selected for the HP (NYSE:HPQ) Mini 110. The HP Mini 110 is a mobile companion when users are away from their PCs or want to leave their full-size laptops at home.
News categories: Broadcom, HP, Digital TV, OTT, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Adobe and Broadcom Bring HD Flash Video to Atom-based Netbooks
Jun 2, 2009 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) and Adobe Systems (Nasdaq: ADBE) have announced a collaboration to enable hardware accelerated playback of high definition (HD) Adobe® Flash® based video content on platforms powered by Intel® Atom™ processors.
News categories: Broadcom, Adobe Systems, Media Player, OTT, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Samsung Selects Broadcom's Third Generation Blu-ray Chipset Solution to Power Blu-ray Products in Its 2009 Lineup
Dec 8, 2008 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its third generation Blu-ray chipset has been selected by Samsung to power products in its 2009 lineup of Blu-ray Disc® players and home theater systems.
News categories: Broadcom, Samsung, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, ICs, Semiconductor
LG Electronics Selects Broadcom® Solution to Power World's First Network Blu-ray Disc® Player Featuring Netflix® Instant Streaming
Oct 20, 2008 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its BCM7440 Blu-ray Disc® system-on-a-chip (SoC) has been selected by LG Electronics (Seoul:066570) to power the world's first Blu-ray Disc player featuring Netflix® instant streaming.
News categories: Broadcom, LG Electronics, Netflix, Blu-ray, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, USA
eircom selects Alcatel-Lucent for all-IP network transformation
Sep 29, 2008 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) has been selected by eircom to supply a network as part of its transformation to all-IP. The solution will enable eircom to offer triple play services such as IPTV and converged communications services.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, eircom, BBWF, Content Distribution, IPTV, Ireland
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions