Digital TV News: eircom
37,000 IPTV customers for eircom
May 18, 2015 – eircom Group has announced results for the third quarter and nine months ended 31 March 2015. The company said that it now has 37,000 TV customers, representing 26% penetration of its consumer fibre base.
News categories: eircom, IPTV, Ireland, Results, Subscribers
15,000 subscribers for Netgem's LaBox in France
Jan 16, 2014 – Netgem has announced results for the quarter ended on 31 December 2013. In France, the LaBox service had reached more than 15,000 subscribers by year-end, a few months after its launch.
News categories: Netgem, France, OTT, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
Dec 11, 2013 – SeaChange (Nasdaq:SEAC) has announced that Ireland's eircom has deployed SeaChange's Adrenalin platform for its eVision TV service. eVision offers residential broadband, phone, mobile and TV packages over eircom's fibre network.
News categories: SeaChange, eircom, David Thatcher, Andrei Noppe, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, Ireland
eircom's eVision TV launches with Netgem STBs
Oct 17, 2013 – Netgem has announced that Ireland's eircom has started rolling out its new eVision TV service based on Netgem's technologies. The service is delivered via Netgem's 7700 series STB and its mediacenter 8000 PVR series allowing eircom to offer both main room and multiroom options.
News categories: Netgem, eircom, Christophe Aulnette, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Ireland, Set Top Box
eircom Launches eVision
Oct 16, 2013 – eVision, eircom’s new TV service, has been introduced to the Irish market offering a range of the most popular channels. eVision comes with a free eVision+ set-top box and includes features such as the ability to pause and rewind live TV.
News categories: eircom, Herb Hribar, Kevin White, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Ireland, Set Top Box
eircom to Launch IPTV Services from Mid 2012
Jul 28, 2011 – Ireland's eircom has announced that it intends to launch a range of entertainment services over fibre, including television via a customer's broadband connection (IPTV), video on demand, catch up TV and social media via TV.
News categories: eircom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Ireland
eircom selects Alcatel-Lucent for all-IP network transformation
Sep 29, 2008 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU) has been selected by eircom to supply a network as part of its transformation to all-IP. The solution will enable eircom to offer triple play services such as IPTV and converged communications services.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, eircom, BBWF, Content Distribution, IPTV, Ireland
MPEG-4 chosen for Irish Digital Terrestrial TV
Jul 31, 2008 – Communications Minister Eamon Ryan has announced that Ireland's first DTT trial will end on August 1st, 2008. The Minister announced the results of the trial, the technology chosen for digital TV in Ireland and a timeline for national rollout.
News categories: Broadcasting Commission of Ireland, Digital TV, Ireland, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing