Digital TV News: iWedia
iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
Sep 14, 2019 – iWedia has expanded its cooperation with Kaltura by providing set-top box (STB) software products, application development and integration services for Beeline Kazakhstan. At the heart of the STB, lies iWedia's Teatro-3.5 software.
News categories: iWedia, Kaltura, Beeline, Digital TV, IBC2019, Kazakhstan, Middleware, Set Top Box
iWedia provides software for True OTT service in Thailand
Sep 13, 2019 – iWedia has announced that it has been providing STB software products, application development and integration services to one of the biggest Thai operators, True, for the launch of its True ID TV OTT service.
News categories: iWedia, True Corp, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, Thailand, UX
iWedia provides STB software and integration services to NTT DOCOMO
Sep 17, 2018 – iWedia has announced that it has been providing STB software products and integration services to NTT DOCOMO for the launch of its brand 'Hikari TV for docomo' service. 'Hikari TV for docomo' gives access to a wide choice of linear HD and UHD TV channels.
News categories: iWedia, NTT DOCOMO, Sunghoon Kim, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
iWedia releases web browser designed for TV devices
News categories: iWedia, Živko Radonjić, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Synaptics and partners launch turnkey Android TV STB solution
Sep 12, 2018 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that with partners it has developed a turnkey platform for the Android TV market. The solution consists of Synaptics’ multimedia processor SoCs and iWedia’s STB software on hardware from Tonly.
News categories: Synaptics, iWedia, Tonly, Huibert Verhoeven, Nikola Teslić, David Huang, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Kaltura powers Beeline TV Everywhere service
Sep 12, 2018 – Kaltura has revealed that its Kaltura TV Platform is powering the newly-launched Beeline TV service from VimpelCom in Russia. The Kaltura TV Platform gives VimpelCom the technology to replace its legacy pay TV service and reach more devices and customers.
News categories: Kaltura, VimpelCom, Dr. Shay David, George Held, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
iWedia develops ABR media player optimized for live TV use
Sep 12, 2018 – iWedia has announced the release of an Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) media player optimized for live TV use cases. Developed and maintained in-house, Teatro ABR Media Player gives support to the latest versions of HLS and DASH.
News categories: iWedia, Krsto Lazić, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
iWedia to releases Operator Tier Android TV Launcher
Sep 11, 2018 – iWedia has announced the release of STAGE, an Operator Tier Android TV Launcher. STAGE provides a live TV oriented STB UI (service list, content list, zapping banner, EPG, PVR, etc.) and gives access to VoD & catch-up TV, apps and games, as well as to search, promotions, and recommendations.
News categories: iWedia, Dejan Popov Tapavicki, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
ALi and iWedia announce joint hybrid DVB+OTT STB offering
Jun 26, 2018 – ALi Corporation and iWedia have announced that they have joined forces to provide a common offering for hybrid DVB+OTT STBs. The solution integrates iWedia's Teatro-3.0 software for Linux hybrid STBs with ALi's M3527 and M3727 chipsets.
News categories: iWedia, ALi Corp, Sunghoon Kim, Willis Chang, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service