Digital TV News: ivi.ru
250 million households now pay for streaming video services
Feb 27, 2018 – The number of households worldwide which pay for streaming video services such as Netflix and Amazon Video has now broken through the 250 million mark, according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Foxxum Smart TV adds ivi.ru app
Jul 19, 2016 – Foxxum and ivi.ru, with more than 20% market share and about 30 million users per month one of the largest Russian online movie theaters, have announced, that the ivi.ru app is now available on Foxxum Smart TV.
News categories: Foxxum, ivi.ru, Ronny Lutzi, Irina Grandel, Apps, OTT, Russia
Russia had over 2,300 TV channels at the end of 2015
Mar 21, 2016 – According to the European Audiovisual Observatory, pay-TV is the cornerstone of the Russian TV market: over 2/3 of Russian TV households subscribed to pay-TV in 2014 with digital segment and IPTV as the main future drivers.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory,, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Russia's ivi adds personalised TV to VOD offering
May 25, 2015 – ivi has announced the launch of ivi tv - a personalized TV service integrated with its VOD platform. The service combines traditional TV with VOD, recommendation algorithms, and the option to choose what to watch and when.
News categories: ivi, ivi tv, Oleg Tumanov, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Smart TV
Verimatrix Chosen to Secure Russia's Free Internet Service Ivi.ru
Feb 11, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that Ivi.ru, the largest and most popular free Internet cinema in Russia, has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS™) for Internet TV to provide security for its over-the-top (OTT) video-on-demand (VoD) service.
News categories: Verimatrix, Ivi.ru, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Russia
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5