Digital TV News: nbn
Arianespace to launch ARSAT-2 on September 30, 2015
Sep 24, 2015 – Arianespace has teamed up with two major countries in the southern hemisphere to enhance their satellite telecommunications services: with Australian operator nbn for the Sky Muster satellite, and with Argentine operator ARSAT for ARSAT-2.
News categories: Arianespace, ARSAT, INVAP, Argentina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
SVOD in Australia skyrockets to two million subscriptions
Jul 8, 2015 – Uptake of subscription video on demand (SVOD) services delivered over the Internet has skyrocketed in Australia with two million active subscriptions recorded at the end of June 2015, according to research by Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Australia's NBN chooses Arris for HFC broadband network
Feb 23, 2015 – NBN Co. has chosen ARRIS Group (NASDAQ: ARRS) to build its next-generation Hybrid Fiber-Coaxial (HFC) broadband network. The project is intended to provide access to high-speed broadband services for homes and businesses across Australia.
News categories: ARRIS Group, NBN Co, Bruce McClelland, Dennis Steiger, Australia, Broadband, Content Distribution
1 in 8 Australian households now have a Smart TV
Jan 28, 2015 – 1 in 8 Australian households now have a Smart TV—almost a sixfold increase over the last four years, data from Roy Morgan Research shows. As well as Smart TVs, there are numerous other ways to give regular TVs access to internet content.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Tim Martin, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Dodo TV with Fetch launches in Australia
Oct 1, 2014 – Dodo, part of Australia's M2 Group (ASX:MTU), has announced that it has signed an alliance agreement with Fetch TV and will immediately commence offering its IPTV service.
News categories: Dodo, Fetch TV, Boris Rozenvasser, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV
24,000 TV customers for Australia's iiNet
Feb 21, 2013 – Australian DSL Internet Service Provider, iiNet (ASX: IIN), has announced results for the six months ended 31 December 2012. iiNet had 24,000 television customers at the end of the year up from 18,000 at the end of 2011.
News categories: iiNet, Australia, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
More than 300,000 Australian households now accessing IPTV
Feb 7, 2012 – A study released by Telsyte confirms the rise of subscription TV over broadband with more than 300,000 Australian homes now accessing an IPTV service. This equates to around one in ten subscription TV services currently delivered over broadband.
News categories: Telsyte, Australia, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Vodafone Australia Connects First NBN Trial Customers
Dec 19, 2011 – Vodafone Australia (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD) has announced that it has connected its first customers to the National Broadband Network (NBN) who will now be able to enjoy mobile, pay TV and high speed broadband services. Vodafone is the first new entrant to trial the NBN.
News categories: Vodafone, Australia, Broadband, Content Distribution, IPTV
Internode debuts fetchtv IPTV service over Australia's NBN
Sep 7, 2011 – Although the multicast service that's typically used to provide IPTV is not scheduled for release on the National Broadband Network (NBN) until mid-2012, Internode has designed a delivery system that allows it to provide fetchtv today.
News categories: Internode, Australia, Broadband, IPTV
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient