Digital TV News: nbn
Arianespace to launch ARSAT-2 on September 30, 2015
Sep 24, 2015 – Arianespace has teamed up with two major countries in the southern hemisphere to enhance their satellite telecommunications services: with Australian operator nbn for the Sky Muster satellite, and with Argentine operator ARSAT for ARSAT-2.
News categories: Arianespace, ARSAT, INVAP, Argentina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
SVOD in Australia skyrockets to two million subscriptions
Jul 8, 2015 – Uptake of subscription video on demand (SVOD) services delivered over the Internet has skyrocketed in Australia with two million active subscriptions recorded at the end of June 2015, according to research by Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Australia's NBN chooses Arris for HFC broadband network
Feb 23, 2015 – NBN Co. has chosen ARRIS Group (NASDAQ: ARRS) to build its next-generation Hybrid Fiber-Coaxial (HFC) broadband network. The project is intended to provide access to high-speed broadband services for homes and businesses across Australia.
News categories: ARRIS Group, NBN Co, Bruce McClelland, Dennis Steiger, Australia, Broadband, Content Distribution
1 in 8 Australian households now have a Smart TV
Jan 28, 2015 – 1 in 8 Australian households now have a Smart TV—almost a sixfold increase over the last four years, data from Roy Morgan Research shows. As well as Smart TVs, there are numerous other ways to give regular TVs access to internet content.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Tim Martin, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Dodo TV with Fetch launches in Australia
Oct 1, 2014 – Dodo, part of Australia's M2 Group (ASX:MTU), has announced that it has signed an alliance agreement with Fetch TV and will immediately commence offering its IPTV service.
News categories: Dodo, Fetch TV, Boris Rozenvasser, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV
24,000 TV customers for Australia's iiNet
Feb 21, 2013 – Australian DSL Internet Service Provider, iiNet (ASX: IIN), has announced results for the six months ended 31 December 2012. iiNet had 24,000 television customers at the end of the year up from 18,000 at the end of 2011.
News categories: iiNet, Australia, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
More than 300,000 Australian households now accessing IPTV
Feb 7, 2012 – A study released by Telsyte confirms the rise of subscription TV over broadband with more than 300,000 Australian homes now accessing an IPTV service. This equates to around one in ten subscription TV services currently delivered over broadband.
News categories: Telsyte, Australia, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Vodafone Australia Connects First NBN Trial Customers
Dec 19, 2011 – Vodafone Australia (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD) has announced that it has connected its first customers to the National Broadband Network (NBN) who will now be able to enjoy mobile, pay TV and high speed broadband services. Vodafone is the first new entrant to trial the NBN.
News categories: Vodafone, Australia, Broadband, Content Distribution, IPTV
Internode debuts fetchtv IPTV service over Australia's NBN
Sep 7, 2011 – Although the multicast service that's typically used to provide IPTV is not scheduled for release on the National Broadband Network (NBN) until mid-2012, Internode has designed a delivery system that allows it to provide fetchtv today.
News categories: Internode, Australia, Broadband, IPTV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware