Digital TV News: shomi
shomi to shut down on November 30, 2016
Sep 26, 2016 – shomi has announced that the streaming service will be shutting down operations as of November 30, 2016.
News categories: shomi, David Asch, Canada, Digital TV, OTT
shomi selects ThinkAnalytics personalized search and recommendations
Sep 1, 2016 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its recommendations engine has been selected by Canadian SVOD leader shomi. shomi believes the combination of an elegant user interface and personalized recommendations will distance it from rivals.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, shomi, Peter Docherty, Ann Tebo, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, OTT
Young Canadians embrace streaming, abandon live TV
Mar 16, 2016 – The way in which Canadians are watching television is changing, with Millennials leading the way in the adoption of streamed content, a new Canada-wide Insights West poll has found.
News categories: Insights West, Mario Canseco, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
Rogers launches 4K TV and 4K set top box
Oct 5, 2015 – Rogers has announced the launch of 4K ready gigabit internet speeds, a new 4K set top box, Rogers 4K TV and the world's largest commitment to live broadcasting in 4K with HDR. Rogers will also introduce high dynamic range (HDR) in April 2016.
News categories: Rogers, shomi, Netflix, Guy Laurence, Scott Moore, David Asch, Bill Holmes, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Rogers TV subscribers down 8,000 in 4Q 2014
Jan 29, 2015 – Rogers Communications has announced results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2014. Television revenue decreased by 2% in the quarter as a result of the decline in television subscribers.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Cable TV, Canada, Results, Subscribers
Canada's Rogers and Shaw launch 'shomi' subscription VOD service
Aug 26, 2014 – Rogers Communications and Shaw Communications have launched shomi, a subscription VOD service. Available initially on tablet, mobile, online, Xbox 360 and set top boxes, shomi will launch in beta first to Rogers and Shaw Internet or TV customers.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Shaw Communications, shomi, Keith Pelley, Barbara Williams, Canada, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ