Digital TV News: t-broad
Humax supplying Android TV UHD STBs to T-Broad
Jan 2, 2020 – Humax has announced that it is supplying UHD set-top boxes based on Android TV to T-Broad, South Korea’s largest cable TV operator. The box is an IP hybrid model supporting DOCSIS 3.0 and includes middleware and CA for cable broadcasting.
News categories: Humax, T-Broad, Jeff Kim, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
t-broad uses Alticast cloud technology to enable UX virtualization
May 7, 2019 – Alticast has announced that t-broad has launched Alticast’s cloud-based, user interface (UI) virtualization solution, Apex - Hybrid as part of their next-generation service. This is the first time that an operating partner of Alticast has launch Apex in its hybrid form.
News categories: Alticast, t-broad, Dosa Park, Sukmin Ahn, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Korea, Set Top Box
SK Broadband signs merger contract with t-broad
Apr 26, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that its subsidiary SK Broadband and t-broad, a subsidiary of Taekwang Industrial, have signed a merger contract to better respond to the rapid changes in the pay TV market and strengthen their media competitiveness.
News categories: SK Broadband, t-broad, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, MnA
ATEME encodes industry's first 4K cable channel
Apr 29, 2014 – ATEME has announced that Home Choice, a South Korean content aggregator, has selected its TITAN to encode Ultra High Definition (UHD) content in HEVC for the launch of UMAX, the worlds first dedicated 4K channel.
News categories: ATEME, Home Choice, UMAX, Eunsook Wi, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Korea
Humax unveils the world's first HTML5 based smart set-top box
Jul 18, 2013 – Humax has announced that it will supply T-broad with the smart set-top boxes based on HTML5. It is the world's first commercialized HTML5 based product and was developed for Smart Plus, the pay tv service T-broad launched last month.
News categories: Humax, T-broad, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024