Digital TV News: tru2way
ViXS and Intel develop video transcoding and streaming on Comcast RDK
Jan 2, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that ViXS and Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) have developed a product-ready reference design running Comcast's RDK cable stack software.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Intel Corp, Sally Daub, Ran Senderovitz, Cable TV, CES2021, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, RDK, Semiconductor, USA
Comcast and Time Warner Cable form RDK Management, LLC
Aug 15, 2013 – Comcast Cable and Time Warner Cable have announced the formation of a joint venture, called the RDK Management, LLC, that will manage the Reference Design Kit (RDK) software being used in next-generation set-top boxes.
News categories: Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cable TV, RDK, USA
Zenverge developing RDK gateway transcoding plugin
Jun 10, 2013 – Zenverge has announced that it is using its ZN200 IC to implement a multi-channel transcoder architecture for the Comcast RDK that will enable streaming of broadcast content to IP devices, such as game consoles, smart TVs, smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Zenverge, Cable TV, Gateway, Placeshifting, RDK, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Hillcrest Labs secures RDK license from Comcast
May 29, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that it is the first motion control technology provider to license the Reference Design Kit (RDK) software stack from Comcast. The RDK is a pre-integrated software bundle that creates a common framework for powering tru2way® devices.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Comcast, Cable TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
ST's Set-Top Box Chips Integrate Reference Design Kit from Comcast
Jan 31, 2013 – Developers of high-end set-top boxes and video gateways can reduce time to market by taking advantage of the Reference Design Kit (RDK) from Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK), now pre-integrated with the Orly STiH416 system-on-chip from STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM).
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Solekai Systems Unveils Porting Program Using RDK from Comcast
Dec 10, 2012 – Solekai Systems has announced that it has licensed the Reference Development Kit (RDK) from Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) and is providing expertise for rapid platform porting and integration activities.
News categories: Solekai, Comcast, Cable TV, RDK, Set Top Box
Intel Licenses Reference Design Kit from Comcast
Oct 24, 2012 – Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) has announced it has licensed the Reference Design Kit (RDK) from Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK), which will allow it to work with Comcast and other cable operators to develop and deploy set-top box solutions for consumers around the globe.
News categories: Intel Corp, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Pace Sign License Agreement for Comcast Reference Development Kit (RDK)
Oct 17, 2012 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it is licensing the Reference Development Kit (RDK) from Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK). The RDK is pre-integrated software that creates a common framework for powering tru2way®, IP or hybrid STBs and video gateways.
News categories: Pace plc, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Licensing, RDK, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, USA
Tata Elxsi Licenses Comcast Reference Design Kit
Sep 6, 2012 – Tata Elxsi has announced that it has licensed the Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) RDK (Reference Design Kit). It will work with MSOs to optimize and enhance software and provide software development, integration and testing services for SoC and OEM vendors.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2020, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0