Digital TV News: upc cablecom
One millionth Horizon customers for upc cablecom
Feb 20, 2015 – upc cablecom has welcomed its millionth Horizon customer. The Liberty Global multimedia platform was launched in Switzerland just over two years ago. The Horizon HD Recorder is also available in Germany, the Netherlands, Ireland and Poland. Together, these countries have now cracked the million mark.
News categories: upc cablecom, Liberty Global, Frank Zelger, Eric Tveter, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Subscribers, Switzerland
Switzerland's upc cablecom launches MyPrime VOD
Sep 3, 2014 – upc cablecom has announced the launch of its online video library MyPrime. MyPrime costs CHF 9.95 per month and offers unlimited use of the complete library. Customers with a bundle can use MyPrime at no additional cost.
News categories: upc cablecom, Eric Tveter, Ivo Hoevel, Cable TV, Digital TV, Switzerland, TV Everywhere
upc cablecom takes final steps from analogue to digital television
Apr 11, 2014 – On 3 June 2014 upc cablecom will be updating analogue television for the last time in German-speaking Switzerland and in parts of French-speaking Switzerland. In 2015 upc cablecom is stopping analogue services altogether.
News categories: upc cablecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Switzerland
Switzerland's upc cablecom now offering replay function
Nov 18, 2013 – upc cablecom has announced that customers can watch programmes they have missed with up to 30 hours’ delay. Thanks to upc cablecom’s new replay function, all programmes can be paused, watched in slow motion, fast forwarded and rewound.
News categories: upc cablecom, Cable TV, Switzerland
Switzerland's upc cablecom introduces HbbTV
Dec 14, 2012 – Swiss cable operator upc cablecom has announced that, from January 2013, subscribers will be able to use the additional digital functions offered by HbbTV. TV subscribers can then benefit from background information on programmes and can use content interactively via Internet.
News categories: upc cablecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Switzerland
Switzerland's upc cablecom abolishes basic encryption
Oct 16, 2012 – upc cablecom has announced that by 1 January 2013 the 55 most popular TV channels (including HD) will be available in all households unencrypted. The cost of the basic digital offer (currently CHF 4 per month) will no longer apply.
News categories: upc cablecom, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Switzerland
Liberty Global Unveils Next-Generation TV Platform at IBC
Sep 8, 2011 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has presented 'Horizon', an elegant media and entertainment platform for the home, which seamlessly integrates cable, web-based and personal content.
News categories: Liberty Global, Apps, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Netherlands, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Switzerland, Tablet
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution