Digital TV News: 20th Century Fox
Samsung announces support for HDR10+ on 8K
Sep 4, 2019 – Samsung has announced that it will support the world’s first 8K HDR10+ content, partnering with three European streaming services. CHILI, The Explorers and MEGOGO will adopt 8K HDR10+ along with support for 4K HDR10+.
News categories: Samsung, MEGOGO, Hyogun Lee, Victor Chekanov, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Russia, Smart TV
Disney+ set to launch in U.S. on November 12
Apr 11, 2019 – The Walt Disney Company has presented an extensive overview of its comprehensive direct-to-consumer strategy, including presentations on Hulu, Hotstar, ESPN+, and the upcoming Disney+ service at its Investor Day, which took place on the Company’s studio lot.
News categories: Walt Disney Company, Robert A. Iger, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Samsung plans HDR10+ certification center with TIRT in China
Dec 23, 2018 – Samsung has announced HDR10+ ecosystem expansion to 45 industry partners and the construction of a new certification center in China. The new partnerships will expand the impact of HDR10+ technology across different market segments.
News categories: Samsung, Hyogun Lee, Irina Grandel, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
HDR10+ Technologies welcomes first adopters of HDR10+ technology
Aug 29, 2018 – HDR10+ Technologies has announced the first certified products and first adopters for the HDR10+ license program. Panasonic and Samsung are also among the first to announce firmware has been deployed to select 2018 television models enabling support of HDR10+ for consumers.
News categories: HDR10+, Danny Kaye, Toshiharu Tsutsui, Bill Mandel, Denver Mishima, Park Yongbum, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Panasonic new OLED TVs support HDR10+ dynamic metadata
Jan 8, 2018 – Panasonic has announced its 2018 line up of OLED televisions. The four new models will be the first OLED screens available in 2018 which support HDR10+ dynamic metadata technology and are able to stream the Amazon Prime Video HDR10+ catalogue.
News categories: Panasonic, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung announce updates to HDR10+
Jan 5, 2018 – 20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung have announced updates to the associated certification and logo program for the open, royalty-free dynamic metadata platform for High Dynamic Range (HDR), called HDR10+ which they announced last year at IFA.
News categories: Samsung, Panasonic, 20th Century Fox, Jongsuk Chu, Toshiharu Tsutsui, Danny Kaye, Jim Wuthrich, Blu-ray, CES2020, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Samsung and Amazon Prime Video first with HDR10+ content
Dec 13, 2017 – Samsung and Amazon Prime Video have announced that the entire Prime Video HDR library is now available in HDR10+, a standard that uses dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors on TVs.
News categories: Samsung, Amazon Prime Video, Sang Yoon Kim, Greg Hart, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Deutsche Telekom's EntertainTV adds UHD, Netflix and exclusive series
Sep 1, 2017 – Deutsche Telekom is massively expanding its EntertainTV entertainment offering. Besides technological improvements to the media receiver to support UHD and direct access to Netflix, Deutsche Telekom is also increasing the range of content on offer.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Michael Hagspihl, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung create metadata platform for HDR
Aug 28, 2017 – 20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung have announced a partnership to create an open, royalty-free dynamic metadata platform for High Dynamic Range (HDR) through an associated certification and logo program, tentatively called HDR10+.
News categories: 20th Century Fox, Panasonic, Samsung, Danny Kaye, Yuki Kusumi, Jongsuk Chu, CES2020, Digital TV, IFA2020, Licensing, Worldwide
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020