Digital TV News: 24i Media
PureFlix.com taps 24i Media to reach more screens
Apr 8, 2019 – 24i Media has announced that it has built and deployed a suite of video apps for PureFlix.com, an SVOD service serving consumers in the U.S. and Canada. PureFlix.com is using 24i’s SmartOTT solution to power its SVOD service on a broad array of platforms and devices.
News categories: 24i Media, PureFlix, Martijn van Horssen, Ramon Duivenvoorden, Marc Beckwitt, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA
24i Media delivers AI optimized discovery and recommendations with Microsoft Azure
Apr 3, 2019 – In a move to empower its customers to make their video services more personalized, powerful and intuitive, 24i Media has integrated Microsoft Azure Media Services: Video Indexer into its product line, enabling customers to build enhanced search experiences into their apps.
News categories: 24i Media, Microsoft Azure, Martijn van Horssen, Sudheer Sirivara, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, UX, Worldwide
24i Media app technology helps power Sinclair's STIRR
Mar 27, 2019 – 24i Media has announced that it is helping power STIRR, the streaming service from Sinclair Broadcast. STIRR, powered in part by 24i Media's app technology, is available on a variety of mobile and connected TV platforms in the U.S.
News categories: 24i Media, STIRR, Ramon Duivenvoorden, Adam Ware, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
24i Media acquires StreamOne
Mar 21, 2019 – 24i Media has extended its platform’s capabilities by the acquisition of StreamOne. With the acquisition, 24i gets access to the technology of StreamOne, strengthening its ability to integrate with its partners, and to optimize the end user experience.
News categories: 24i Media, StreamOne, Martijn van Horssen, Ruud van der Linden, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, NABShow, Netherlands, Worldwide
Ooyala and 24i launch OTT content preparation and delivery solution
Dec 4, 2018 – Ooyala is partnering with 24i to launch OoyalaREACH, an OTT content preparation and delivery solution. Media owners can use OoyalaREACH to create, manage and deploy OTT experiences seamlessly across multiple platforms.
News categories: Ooyala, 24i, Jonathan Huberman, Martijn van Horssen, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
24i Media acquires Mautilus
May 9, 2018 – 24i Media has announced the acquisition of Mautilus, the Czech TV app agency specializing in HbbTV and multiscreen applications. The acquisition strengthens 24i’s technology framework, and increases its production capacity.
News categories: 24i Media, Mautilus, Martijn van Horssen, Rehor Vykoupil, Apps, Czech Republic, Digital TV, HbbTV, MnA, Worldwide
24i acquires Vigour to accelerate growth in OTT multiscreen
Mar 28, 2018 – 24i Media has announced that it has acquired Vigour. The acquisition further enhances 24i’s leadership position globally and accelerates its innovation and growth, with its technology platform at the heart of its ambitions.
News categories: 24i Media, Vigour, Martijn Van Horssen, Ramon Duivenvoorden, Digital TV, MnA, Mobile, NABShow, UX
Ten TV app vendors adopt Vewd certification process
Oct 12, 2017 – Vewd has announced that ten of the world’s top TV app vendors will unite in support of the Vewd ecosystem in a bid to unify the fragmented TV app market. The ten app vendors are Accedo, Cisco, Easel TV, Float Left Interactive, Fractal Media, Massive, Tradecast, TV App Agency, Wizitivi, and 24i.
News categories: Vewd, Accedo, TV App Agency, Easel TV, Daniel Nordberg, Michael Lantz, Bruno Pereira, Joe Foster, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, QoE
RTÉ plans next generation RTÉ Player with Fincons Group
Aug 17, 2017 – RTÉ has announced plans to develop a next generation RTÉ Player, Ireland’s number one broadcaster VOD service. It is expected that the new service will be launched before the end of the year.
News categories: Fincons Group, RTÉ, Michele Moretti, Aoife Byrne, Apps, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, UX
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy