Digital TV News: ABI Research
Cross channel ad management and tracking help drive video ad tech market
May 14, 2019 – Despite ongoing consolidation in the ad tech market, overall growth continues. The video ad tech space will reach close to US$6 billion by 2023, up from just under US$1.7 billion in 2018, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Cord-cutting driving decline in set-top box SoC market
Apr 4, 2019 – The worldwide set-top box SoC market will generate US$2.4 billion in 2019, according to ABI Research. The forecast represents a 5% decline from 2018 including revenue from cable, satellite, terrestrial and IPTV set-top box SoCs.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Operators experiencing up to 100% YoY mobile video growth
Feb 26, 2019 – Research from Openwave Mobility has found that over the past five years, video on mobile networks has grown on average 50-60% year-on-year (YoY), while in many developing markets, the rate is more than twice this.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Enea, Matt Halligan, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, MWC19, OTT, Worldwide
2019 predictions from Openwave Mobility
Dec 13, 2018 – Openwave Mobility has released its predictions for 2019. These predictions are based on some of the findings from the Mobile Video Industry Council - which includes Tier 1 mobile operators alongside key industry analysts.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Mobile Video Industry Council, John Giere, Matt Halligan, Indranil Chatterjee, Aman Brar, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Consumer IoT to be worth $6.6bn for telcos
Dec 12, 2018 – While the Internet of Things (IoT) is primarily associated with the industrial and enterprise markets, there is an adjacent opportunity emerging for Mobile Services Providers (MSPs) to spur the growth of a consumer IoT market, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Pablo Tomasi, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
ABI Research lowers 2023 VR forecast
Dec 5, 2018 – The Virtual Reality (VR) market is at a crossroad, finds ABI Research. The company has lowered its installed base forecast to clear just over 140 million by 2023, contingent on mobile VR turning things around and again becoming a viable segment of the market.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Smart Home and Home Network management to drive residential vCPE deployments
Nov 6, 2018 – According to ABI Research, providing advanced CPE, managing home networks efficiently, and fast service deployments are becoming essential for pay-TV and broadband operators to stand out in an increasingly competitive market.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, CPE, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Smart home device shipments to grow 55% in 2018
Oct 18, 2018 – According to ABI Research, shipments of smart home devices will reach 252 million units by the end of 2018, up more than 55% from 2017. This growth is just the beginning of a smart home market that will see 467 million smart home device shipments in 2023.
News categories: ABI Research, Jonathan Collins, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Smart Home to be an $11.2 billion opportunity for telcos in 2022
Aug 6, 2018 – According to ABI Research, communication service providers (CSPs) have been outperformed by aggressive competition and are now at a crucial stage: they must either accelerate their strategies in smart home or risk being relegated as marginal players.
News categories: ABI Research, Pablo Tomasi, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- Harmonic enables Guangdong Radio and Television's UHD broadcasts
- Verimatrix and moTV.eu provide hybrid platform for Mongolsat Networks
- SERAPHIC and CVTE offer customisable Freeview Play 4K TV solution
- TVB deploys Harmonic content-aware encoding on Hong Kong OTT platform
- Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform unveiled
- 120% increase in CTV and mobile apps classified as fraudulent
- Vimeo adds support for AV1 codec
- Fox Corp and ad agencies join Project OAR addressable TV consortium
- Proximus launches Pickx TV interface and Android P decoder
- Pluto TV arrives on Comcast Xfinity X1 set-tops
- UEFA launches free-to-air OTT digital platform
- Europe is not cord-cutting right across the board
- Global pay TV subscriptions to grow to 1.10 billion by 2024
- MadHive, Inscape to enable linear, OTT planning, activation & attribution for Local TV
- MediaMath launches contextual ad targeting for video with IRIS.TV
- NAGRA to demonstrate technology portfolio at ConnecTechAsia 2019
- Shenzhen Topway goes Ultra HD with Harmonic
- Esports to break the billion-dollar barrier in 2020
- Rakuten launches Rakuten Sports streaming service
- Ericsson Mobility Report: 5G uptake even faster than expected