Digital TV News: ABOX42
Integration of voice control into STBs key to market growth
May 5, 2020 – According to Technavio, the set-top box market is poised to grow by $4.19 billion during 2020-2024, progressing at a CAGR of over 3% during the period. The integration of voice control will offer immense growth opportunities.
News categories: Technavio, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ABOX42 integrates STBs with HTML5 TV middleware from Singularity
Feb 6, 2018 – ABOX42 has announced an expanded partnership with Singularity. With its smart STB platform, ABOX42 provides pay-TV operators with a hardware and software platform that is integrated with HTML5-based TV middleware from Singularity.
News categories: ABOX42, Singularity, Comwave, Matthias Greve, Matt Ailts, Canada, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Middleware, MWC20, North America, Set Top Box
1&1 launches multiscreen IPTV in Germany with ABOX42
Jan 8, 2018 – ABOX42 has announced that 1&1, a tier 1 internet and telephone service provider in Germany, has launched a multiscreen IPTV service powered by ABOX42’s M30-Series smart STB platform.
News categories: ABOX42, 1&1, Matthias Greve, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box
Comwave selects ABOX42 set-top box platform
Sep 29, 2017 – ABOX42 has announced that Comwave, Canada’s largest independent communications company, has selected ABOX42 M30-Series Smart Set-Top Box platform for its new ComwaveTV service which launched on September 25th.
News categories: ABOX42, Comwave, Matthias Greve, Yuval Barzakay, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Kabel-TV Lampert turns to Zattoo and ABOX42 for DVB-C/IP hybrid TV
May 30, 2017 – The Austrian cable network operator Kabel-TV Lampert has chosen a DVB-C/IP hybrid TV solution from Zattoo. In autumn this year, Kabel-TV Lampert will launch a TV product that combines live TV delivered as DVB-C with IPTV services such as ReStart, Catch-up TV and Cloud-Recording.
News categories: Zattoo, Kabel-TV Lampert, ABOX42, Gernot Jaeger, Karoline Lampert, ANGA COM, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Cable STBs dominated the global set-top box market in 2015
Nov 23, 2016 – According to the latest market research study released by Technavio, the global set-top-box market is expected to generate revenues close to $14 billion during the forecast period 2016-2020.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal P Doshi, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
VSE NET chooses Zattoo to provide its schlau.com IPTV service
Nov 14, 2016 – German network operator VSE NET has chosen Zattoo as the provider of its Multiscreen IPTV service under the brand schlau.com. The service is completely hosted and managed by Zattoo.
News categories: Zattoo, VSE NET, ABOX42, Gernot Jaeger, Michael Leidinger, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box
ABOX42 to unveil STB with built-in Smart Home Gateway at IBC 2016
Aug 17, 2016 – ABOX42 will unveil at IBC 2016 its Smart STB platform M30 with a built-in Smart Home Gateway, developed for advanced operator projects worldwide. With the new M30 SmartSTB the operator can combine classical TV services with new Smart Home services.
News categories: ABOX42, Matthias Greve, Digital TV, IBC2020, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
PerceptionTV and ABOX42 partner for end-to-end solution
May 31, 2016 – PerceptionTV and ABOX42 have jointly developed a complete IPTV/OTT hardware and software solution. The Perception platform pre-integrated into ABOX42's M Series smart set-top-box offers operators a fast track solution to launch multiscreen services.
News categories: ABOX42, PerceptionTV, Matthias Greve, John Mills, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free
- Bloomberg TV+ 4K UHD channel launches on Samsung TV Plus
- LG transfers TV manufacturing capacity to Indonesia
- Nordija delivers TV and media platform for Telenor Sweden
- Telestream integrates Ad-ID validation to ensure correct ad placement
- AT&T closes DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela
- IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
- A1 Slovenia launches personalized TV with Zappware
- Astro Malaysia makes Ultra Box available to IPTV customers
- COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
- 67% of US broadband households using at least one connected video device
- FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
- Eros Now enters Bangladesh in partnership with Allianz Holdings
- Global OTT revenues to reach $167 billion in 2025
- U.S. sees largest first quarter multichannel subscriptions decline to-date
- COVID-19 to have limited impact on telecoms and pay TV spending in 2020
- UK SVOD market to grow 100% over next five years
- 8.2% growth in Smart Speaker sales in Q1 2020 despite COVID-19
- Over half of Americans feel voice control is essential in smart devices