Digital TV News: AMC Networks
Philo launches multichannel live TV streaming in the US for $16/month
Nov 14, 2017 – Philo has announced the U.S. launch of a streaming television service featuring live TV, DVR, and on-demand content. The new service, priced at $16 per month, includes 35+ of the top cable channels and can be viewed anywhere in the U.S.
News categories: Philo, Andrew McCollum, Digital TV, OTT, USA
US leads in scripted TV production but volume is declining
Oct 16, 2017 – A white paper by IHS Markit (NASDAQ: INFO) has revealed that scripted TV production in the US — excluding online content — declined in 2016, largely due to lower origination by the cable networks.
News categories: IHS Markit, Tim Westcott, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, Market Research, UK, USA
Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment formed to reduce online piracy
Jun 13, 2017 – Thirty content creators and on-demand entertainment companies from around the world have launched the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE), a global coalition dedicated to protecting the legal market for creative content and reducing online piracy.
News categories: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Amazon Channels launches in the UK and Germany
May 23, 2017 – Amazon has announced the launch of Amazon Channels in the UK and Germany. Amazon Channels allows Prime members to add channel subscriptions for a low monthly subscription fee, available individually without the need to sign up for a bundle or enter a lengthy contract.
News categories: Amazon, Alex Green, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, UK
ABC selects BuyDRM multi-DRM for iview on-demand and catch up TV
May 16, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is now using their KeyOS MultiKey Service for their VOD and catchup service iview. Using KeyOS, iview will be able to deliver DASH, HLS and MSS encoded content using industry-leading DRMs.
News categories: BuyDRM, Australian Broadcasting Corp, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Media ownership: towards pan-European groups?
Jul 4, 2016 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published a report on pan-European media groups. The report outlines some of the key players, their geographical footprint, their position in a range of markets, and their most recent strategies regarding expansion, acquisition and vertical integration.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, EU, Europe, Market Research
CTAM announces universal TV Everywhere sign-in solution
Jun 10, 2016 – CTAM has announced the support of key TV Everywhere (TVE) business and technology leaders around a solution that will improve the sign-in experience for pay-TV customers across platforms, both in and out of the home.
News categories: CTAM, Adobe, Vicki Lins, Matt Strauss, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
PlayStation Vue expands to cover the entire U.S. market
Mar 14, 2016 – PlayStation Vue is expanding, extending the service to an additional 203 TV designated market areas (DMAs) to cover the entire U.S. Consumers in the newly launched TV markets will have access to PlayStation Vue's Slim multi-channel plans starting at $29.99 per month.
News categories: Playstation, PlayStation Vue, Eric Lempel, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, USA
AMC Networks secures content with NexGuard watermarking
Feb 23, 2016 – NexGuard has announced that AMC Networks is deploying the NexGuard forensic watermarking system at its New York facilities. AMC Networks owns and operates several of the most popular and award-winning brands in cable television, including AMC, WE tv, BBC AMERICA, SundanceTV and IFC.
News categories: NexGuard, AMC Networks, Harrie Tholen, Steve Pontillo, Cable TV, Content Protection, USA, Watermarking, Worldwide
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0