Digital TV News: AOC
Matchstick launches Flint open source streaming platform
Jan 5, 2015 – Matchstick has announced Flint, an open software and open hardware video-streaming platform created with Mozilla’s Firefox OS inside. In addition, the company has announced hardware partnerships with both Phillips/AOC and TCL to distribute Flint enabled products.
News categories: Matchstick, AOC, TCL Multimedia, Jack Chang, Sean Shih, Rita Chao, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Philippines' Smart mobile adds Blink VOD access
Sep 1, 2014 – Subscribers of Smart and Sun Cellular in the Philippines now have access to Hollywood blockbusters and episodes of their favourite TV series using their cellphone through Blink, the country’s largest video-on-demand streaming service.
News categories: Smart Communications, Blink, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines, Smartphone, Tablet
4Kx2K LCD TV Panel Shipments Expected to Reach 2.6M in 2013
Mar 14, 2013 – According to the latest NPD DisplaySearch Quarterly Large Area TFT Panel Shipment Report, TFT LCD panel suppliers are forecast to ship 2.6 million 4Kx2K LCD TV panels (also known as Ultra HD) worldwide in 2013, up more than 40-fold from 63 thousand in 2012.
News categories: DisplaySearch, David Hsieh, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Sigma Designs Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2013 Results
Sep 5, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its second fiscal quarter ended July 28, 2012. Net revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 was $68.3 million, up $21.6 million, or 46%, from $46.7 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Sigma Designs to power AOC connected DTVs in Latin America
Jul 31, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Digital Television (DTV) manufacturer, AOC, will debut a new line of DTVs for the LATAM market based on the Sigma Designs HiDTV Pro-SXL SoCs at the ABTA 2012 conference.
News categories: Sigma Designs, AOC, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
AOC Selects Trident for Connected TV for Brazil
Sep 27, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has announced that its HiDTV® Pro-SXL system-on-a-chip (SoC) has been adopted in AOC's new series of Digital TVs for Brazil and other South American markets and has begun volume shipment.
News categories: Trident Micro, AOC, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Trident Unveils New Digital Televisions From AOC for the Brazil Market
Aug 11, 2010 – At the ABTA Conference in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) announced that Trident's HiDTV™ PRO-SX solution has been selected by AOC to power four new AOC digital TV models (the D26W931, D32W931, LC32W053 and LC42H053.)
News categories: Trident Micro, AOC, Brazil, Digital TV, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Cablevision adds 12,000 digital video customers in 1Q10
May 6, 2010 – Cablevision Systems (NYSE:CVC) has reported results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2010. iO: Interactive Optimum digital video customers were up 12,000 or 0.4% from December 2009 and 58,500 or 2.1% from March 2009.
News categories: Cablevision Systems, Cable TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Cablevision adds 4,800 digital video customers in 4Q09
Feb 25, 2010 – Cablevision Systems (NYSE:CVC) has reported results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2009. iO: Interactive Optimum digital video customers were up 4,800 or 0.2% from September 2009 and 55,900 or 2.0% from December 2008.
News categories: Cablevision, Cable TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria