Digital TV News: ARM
NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
Jan 16, 2020 – NBCUniversal has unveiled Peacock, a free premium ad-supported streaming service with subscription tiers offering more than 600 movies and 400 series, as well as compelling live and on-demand content across news, sports, late night, and reality.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Peacock, Steve Burke, Matt Strauss, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
Jan 14, 2020 – Vidgo has launched an OTT service powered by a live streaming platform from Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT). The service boasts more than 100 premium channels including ABC, Comedy Central, ESPN, Fox, and the NFL Network as well as a Latino package for Spanish-speaking viewers.
News categories: Harmonic, Vidgo, Eric Armstrong, Shane Cannon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
Jan 14, 2020 – Skyworth unveiled its smart home system and full lineup of smart household appliances at CES 2020. Skyworth's Q91 8K Ultra HD TV and W81 Wallpaper OLED TV series led the lineup. The Q91 series is based on MediaTek's S900C TV SoC.
News categories: Skyworth, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Tivo adds content partners to Tivo+
Jan 7, 2020 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced a collection of new content partners for its video network, TiVo+. Available exclusively to TiVo customers, TiVo+ delivers free live streaming channels and thousands of movies and TV shows to viewers in an app-free environment.
News categories: TiVo, Dave Shull, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Amazon expands features and solutions for Fire TV Edition partners
Jan 6, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has expanded its Fire TV Edition program, delivering opportunities for developers, operators, device makers and manufacturers across multiple categories including automotive, smart TVs, soundbars and streaming media players.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Luke Motschenbacher, Fathi El-Dwaik, Tony Wang, Ed Mas, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
77% of smart TVs owned by US broadband households now internet connected
Jan 6, 2020 – Parks Associates has announced research showing that more than 70% of US broadband households own at least one streaming entertainment product and 50% own a smart TV, with 77% of those TVs now being connected to the internet.
News categories: Parks Associates, Kristen Hanich, CES2020, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
VIZIO unveils SmartCast 4.0 and new voice remote
Jan 5, 2020 – VIZIO has announced SmartCast 4.0, an upgrade to its smart TV platform. VIZIO is also introducing a new push-to-talk Voice Remote, which allows users to more easily access their content using their voice, while also supporting other smart home queries.
News categories: VIZIO, Bill Baxter, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX
63% of Indonesians access streaming piracy websites or torrent sites
Dec 20, 2019 – A study of online content viewing behavior commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association has revealed that 63% of online Indonesian consumers have accessed streaming piracy sites to access content without paying subscription fees.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Chand Parwez, Hendy Lim, Djonny Sjafruddin, Edwin Nazir, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT
Comcast and NuEyes enable customers with visual disabilities to see TV with Smartglasses
Dec 11, 2019 – Comcast has announced a partnership with wearable technology startup NuEyes to bring the Xfinity Stream entertainment viewing experience to visually impaired customers through NuEyes virtual reality technology. The Xfinity Stream app is now available on the NuEyes e2 smartglasses.
News categories: Comcast, NuEyes, Tom Wlodkowski, Mark Greget, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA, UX
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA