Digital TV News: ARRIS International
RCN rolls-out 4K-enabled STBs in the Lehigh Valley
Feb 12, 2018 – RCN has announced that 4K and Bluetooth enabled set-top boxes are now available for the first time to Lehigh Valley, PA residents in each of its serviceable areas. Also included in the rollout is an updated TiVo interface.
News categories: RCN, Sanford Ames, Jr, Cable TV, Set Top Box, USA
Multimedia Polska streamlines content security with ARRIS upgrade
Sep 15, 2017 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has completed a strategic upgrade of content security for Multimedia Polska (MMP), as part of the operator's Video 3 architecture plan – a network upgrade project to streamline video delivery.
News categories: ARRIS International, Multimedia Polska, JP Heron, Bartlomiej Kasinski, Jerzy Zieliński, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Set Top Box
Altice strengthens partnership with ARRIS for video in the US and Europe
Sep 15, 2017 – Altice has expanded its partnership with ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to deploy 4K HDR set-tops across its global footprint, in the US and Europe, starting in 2018. Altice-owned Portugal Telecom has selected ARRIS set-tops to deliver its MEO 4K TV service across Portugal.
News categories: ARRIS International, Altice, Larry Robinson, Bruno Zebib, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box
NAGRA claims top spot in Conditional Access market
Sep 13, 2017 – 2016 was a pivotal year for the content security industry. While global Conditional Access (CA) spend fell imperceptibly – from $1.97 billion to $1.92 billion – the market’s most volatile change took the form of competitive re-alignment, according to IHS Markit.
News categories: IHS Markit, Merrick Kingston, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
ARRIS debuts UHD HDR STBs with Android TV at IBC 2017
Sep 13, 2017 – At IBC, ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) will unveil a portfolio of UHD HDR set-tops with Android TV along with professional services to help simplify and accelerate the launch of Android-based TV services for operators around the world.
News categories: ARRIS International, Larry Robinson, Android TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ARRIS introduces TiVo-based STBs in support of the NCTC VU-IT! Program
Jul 24, 2017 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced the availability of three STBs, based on the TiVo user experience, that support the NCTC VU-IT! Program. The NCTC VU-IT! Program is focused on enabling independent operators to deliver integrated OTT services alongside standard cable programming.
News categories: ARRIS International, TiVo, NCTC, Larry Robinson, Michael Hawkey, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
ARRIS Qi3 HD set-top gains security certifications
Jun 5, 2017 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that its Qi3 HD set-top, with support for industry-standard video decryption protocols, is one of the first devices in this class to achieve both CAL and iTASS certification.
News categories: ARRIS International, Larry Robinson, Cable TV, Set Top Box, USA
DOCOMO PACIFIC selects ARRIS video gateway and router
Jun 1, 2017 – DOCOMO PACIFIC is partnering with ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) to offer an advanced whole home TV service—featuring live, on demand, and streaming capabilities—for its customers in Guam and the Mariana Islands.
News categories: ARRIS, DOCOMO PACIFIC, Bill Ko, Jonathan Kriegel, Broadband, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Micronesia, Router
USITC to investigate STBs after Sony patent claim
Apr 12, 2017 – The U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) is to institute an investigation of certain digital cable and satellite products, including STBs, supplied to Comcast and DIRECTV that allegedly infringe patents asserted by Sony.
News categories: USITC, Cable TV, Digital TV, Patent, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS