Digital TV News: ATBA
ATBA and ARK create low-power TV standards and practices group
Apr 8, 2019 – The Advanced Television Broadcasting Alliance (ATBA) has announced the formation of the LPTV Industry Standards and Practices Group. The group will encourage the LPTV industry to work together to operate and monetize new TV services based on ATSC 3.0.
News categories: ATBA, ARK Mediacom, Lee Miller, Caleb Weiss, Vern Fotheringham, ATSC, Digital TV, USA
US Consumers Scooped Up 3.5 Million Blu-ray 3-D Discs During First 12 Months of Availability
Jul 11, 2011 – U.S. consumers purchased 1.75 million Blu-ray Disc 3-D (BD3D) discs at retail during the format's first 12 months on the market, and brought home another 1.7 million units as part of hardware/software bundling deals, according to Screen Digest (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Screen Digest, Blu-ray, Market Research, USA, VR
MTG Launches Viasat 3D
Dec 16, 2010 – Modern Times Group (STO:MTGB, MTGA) has announced that Viasat Broadcasting is the first Scandinavian pay-TV operator to launch a 3D TV service. Viasat 3D is now available to satellite subscribers through Viasat's digital OnDemand set-top box.
News categories: Modern Times Group, Denmark, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden, VR
3D for Entertain: Deutsche Telekom conquers the third dimension
Sep 3, 2010 – Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) propels its Entertain TV offer into the third dimension: At the start of IFA 2010, all Entertain customers can call up the content of their choice via Videoload, the online video store.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Germany, IFA, IPTV, VR
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019