Digital TV News: ATBA
ATBA and ARK create low-power TV standards and practices group
Apr 8, 2019 – The Advanced Television Broadcasting Alliance (ATBA) has announced the formation of the LPTV Industry Standards and Practices Group. The group will encourage the LPTV industry to work together to operate and monetize new TV services based on ATSC 3.0.
News categories: ATBA, ARK Mediacom, Lee Miller, Caleb Weiss, Vern Fotheringham, ATSC, Digital TV, USA
US Consumers Scooped Up 3.5 Million Blu-ray 3-D Discs During First 12 Months of Availability
Jul 11, 2011 – U.S. consumers purchased 1.75 million Blu-ray Disc 3-D (BD3D) discs at retail during the format's first 12 months on the market, and brought home another 1.7 million units as part of hardware/software bundling deals, according to Screen Digest (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Screen Digest, Blu-ray, Market Research, USA, VR
MTG Launches Viasat 3D
Dec 16, 2010 – Modern Times Group (STO:MTGB, MTGA) has announced that Viasat Broadcasting is the first Scandinavian pay-TV operator to launch a 3D TV service. Viasat 3D is now available to satellite subscribers through Viasat's digital OnDemand set-top box.
News categories: Modern Times Group, Denmark, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden, VR
3D for Entertain: Deutsche Telekom conquers the third dimension
Sep 3, 2010 – Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) propels its Entertain TV offer into the third dimension: At the start of IFA 2010, all Entertain customers can call up the content of their choice via Videoload, the online video store.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Germany, IFA, IPTV, VR
- Interra Systems adds support for Dolby Vision to its QC platform
- Global SVoD revenues to grow 25% in 2019 to $36bn
- Rohde & Schwarz wins DVB-T2 transmitter contract in Egypt
- Allegro DVT introduces real-time AV1 encoder IP for 4K/UHD video
- Double digit growth for flat panel displays in 2018
- FreeWheel and A+E Networks pilot unified ad decisioning engine
- GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
- Global 5G smartphone shipments to reach 5 million units in 2019
- Atlantic Broadband brings new TiVo experience to Low Country area of South Carolina
- Deltatre releases report on sports streaming
- Shemaroo enters the US market with ShemarooMe VOD launch
- Philo unveils connected TV ad platform
- Swisscom switches on Switzerland’s first 5G network
- US SVOD subscriptions to reach 270 million
- Premium video solidifies its position in the European marketplace
- Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
- ACCESS acquires NetRange
- AT&T sells Hulu minority stake back to Hulu
- Witbe implements Nielsen Watermark Detection
- TekSavvy TV launching in Toronto