Digital TV News: ATEME
BT to protect broadcasters using BISS-CA encryption from ATEME
Jan 9, 2020 – BT is stepping up its efforts to combat the illegal piracy of premium content through a partnership with ATEME. The company is using the ATEME’s encryption techniques to protect satellite uplinked content to help reduce the number of illegal streams.
News categories: ATEME, BT, Julien Mandel, Dominik Wrona, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Worldwide
TheTake and LG introduce AI-powered Shoppable TV at CES
Jan 6, 2020 – TheTake has announced the launch of a shoppable video experience through partnerships with LG Electronics and U.S. media companies. Beginning this spring, owners of LG webOS Smart TVs will be able to shop on the partner networks' TV shows.
News categories: TheTake, LG Electronics, WarnerMedia, Michelle Fernandez, Larry Allen, Big Data, CES2020, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, UX
ATEME powers VOD OTT and IPTV for Medialog
Dec 18, 2019 – ATEME has announced that Medialog, a subsidiary of LG U+, has implemented ATEME’s TITAN File solution for its VOD OTT and IPTV services. ATEME’s TITAN File is a multi-codec/multi-format file-based transcoder producing content for multiscreen delivery.
News categories: ATEME, Medialog, Boyang An, Tae Dong Lee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, OTT
CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
Dec 5, 2019 – CJ Hello has deployed ATEME's TITAN Live MPEG-2 HD transcoding solution for delivery of video services. TITAN Live is a hardware agnostic, real-time multi-channel/format solution designed for processing SD, HD and Ultra HD content for any screen.
News categories: ATEME, CJ Hello, Boyang An, Kim Hongik, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea
Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
Nov 28, 2019 – Four-fifths (80%) of broadcasters are considering implementing ads tailored to the consumer but are increasingly falling behind streaming services due hesitance around adopting cloud technologies, according to research carried out on behalf of ATEME.
News categories: ATEME, Remi Beaudouin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Six in ten UK households use streaming services
Nov 27, 2019 – Six in ten households (61%) in the UK currently watch streaming services, rising to more than three quarters (77%) of 18- to 34-year-olds. More than four in ten (41%) over-55s also signed up to at least one provider, according to research from uSwitch.com.
News categories: uSwitch, Dani Warner, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK
FPT Play selects ATEME for OTT headend in Vietnam
Nov 19, 2019 – ATEME has announced that FPT Play has implemented ATEME’s TITAN solution to replace its OTT headend and to offer the latest OTT services to its viewers across Vietnam. FPT Play had already adopted ATEME’s live event encoder for OTT.
News categories: ATEME, FPT Play, Nguyen Duc Long, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Vietnam
Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
Nov 13, 2019 – Liberty Global has received a notification of termination from Sunrise Communications regarding the amended Share Purchase Agreement concerning UPC Switzerland. The agreement provides for Sunrise to pay a CHF 50 million termination fee.
News categories: Liberty Global, Sunrise Communications, Mike Fries, Severina Pascu, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Switzerland
ATEME and Broadpeak offer low-latency solution for DVB-I delivery
Oct 24, 2019 – Broadpeak and ATEME have announced an ultra-low-latency live video streaming solution that supporting the emerging DVB-I standard. The joint offering enables pay-TV operators to deliver live streams with just 1 second of end-to-end latency.
News categories: Broadpeak, ATEME, Jacques Le Mancq, Michel Artières, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Worldwide
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA