Digital TV News: ATEME
DVB to showcase DVB-I at IBC 2019
Sep 10, 2019 – DVB has announced that at IBC it will present the world's first demonstration of linear TV services using the DVB-I solution, which relies on internet-based access and streaming mechanisms alongside classical broadcasting techniques.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Peter Siebert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
8K Association announces performance specification for consumer TVs
Aug 29, 2019 – The 8K Association (8KA) has announced that key performance attributes for 8K televisions have been defined as part of the 8KA technical program. Performance criteria were created in concert with the association’s membership.
News categories: 8K Association, Chris Chinnock, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
MPEG-H Audio added to SBTVD's ISDB-Tb specifications
Aug 27, 2019 – The SBTVD Forum has selected MPEG-H Audio for inclusion as an additional audio system in the ISDB-Tb specification. This allows broadcasters to simulcast MPEG-H Audio alongside the existing AAC audio.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, EiTV, ATEME, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Malaysia to convert to digital TV broadcasting in stages
Aug 6, 2019 – Malaysia's transition from analogue to digital TV broadcast will be implemented in stages, the country's Minister of Communications and Multimedia has said. Langkawi is the first location to receive myFreeview digital TV in place of analogue TV transmission.
News categories: Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
Jul 18, 2019 – ATEME and Eurovision Services ran a watermarking trial during a recent international football event in Paris. The proof of concept used BISS-CA, an enhanced, secured standard of the BISS protocol, to help broadcasters in the fight against piracy during the event.
News categories: ATEME, Eurovision Services, Julien Mandel, Oscar Teran, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, Watermarking, Worldwide
EU opens antitrust investigation into Broadcom
Jun 26, 2019 – The European Commission has opened a formal antitrust investigation to assess whether, in TV and modem chipset markets, Broadcom may be restricting competition through exclusivity practices, in breach of EU rules.
News categories: European Commission, Margrethe Vestager, Digital TV, EU, Regulation, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ATEME provides headend to the Egyptian National Media Authority
Jun 11, 2019 – ATEME has announced that the Egyptian National Media Authority (ENMA) has selected its converged video headend to cover the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations. The headend that ATEME has provided is based on its encoder/decoder and multiplexer solutions.
News categories: ATEME, ENMA, Razik Zaghlouli, Eng. Mervat Hassan, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Egypt, Terrestrial
TiVo to separate Product and IP Licensing businesses
May 9, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has approved a plan to separate its Product and IP Licensing businesses. TiVo intends to spin out its Product business to shareholders and the company will continue to be open to strategic transactions for each business.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Raghu Rau, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Patent, Set Top Box, USA, UX, Worldwide
FOX, NBCUniversal, and Viacom unveil OpenAP 2.0
Apr 25, 2019 – FOX, NBCUniversal, and Viacom have unveiled OpenAP 2.0, expanding the audience platform into a centralized video marketplace with workflow automation for national linear and long-form digital video, developed in collaboration with Accenture and FreeWheel.
News categories: Viacom, NBCUniversal, FOX, John Halley, Sean Moran, Krishan Bhatia, Linda Yaccarino, Meredith Brace, Marianne Gambelli, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks
- RecordTV uses MediaKind IRD for 2019 Pan American Games coverage
- NAGRA enables cloud-based OTT for Montecable in Uruguay