Digital TV News: ATEME
TiVo to separate Product and IP Licensing businesses
May 9, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has approved a plan to separate its Product and IP Licensing businesses. TiVo intends to spin out its Product business to shareholders and the company will continue to be open to strategic transactions for each business.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Raghu Rau, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Patent, Set Top Box, USA, UX, Worldwide
FOX, NBCUniversal, and Viacom unveil OpenAP 2.0
Apr 25, 2019 – FOX, NBCUniversal, and Viacom have unveiled OpenAP 2.0, expanding the audience platform into a centralized video marketplace with workflow automation for national linear and long-form digital video, developed in collaboration with Accenture and FreeWheel.
News categories: Viacom, NBCUniversal, FOX, John Halley, Sean Moran, Krishan Bhatia, Linda Yaccarino, Meredith Brace, Marianne Gambelli, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
ATEME renews partnership with Hitachi Kokusai Linear
Apr 23, 2019 – ATEME has renewed its partnership with Hitachi Kokusai Linear (HKL). ATEME will supply low latency Kyrion encoders for use alongside HKL transmitters to support growing demand from Brazil's broadcast market.
News categories: ATEME, Hitachi Kokusai Linear, Luis Silva, Fabio Pina, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
Apr 16, 2019 – Espial (TSE: ESP) has announced that they have certified several Amazon Alexa voice controls on Elevate-based IPTV, app-TV and cable services. Amazon did a bulk certification, enabling operators to move rapidly through the process.
News categories: Espial, Michael McCluskey, Travis Kohlrus, Noah Popejoy, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Smart Home, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum brings updated Guidelines to NAB Show 2019
Apr 4, 2019 – At NAB, the Ultra HD Forum (UHDF) will bring an update to its Guidelines. The unified document describes ‘foundation’ UHD technologies, as well as ‘enhancements’ that are backward compatible but still work on foundation equipment.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Thierry Fautier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Smart TV, Worldwide
RIST Forum promotes its internet video transport standard at NAB Show
Mar 25, 2019 – The RIST Forum has been established, with 21 founding companies, to promote the Reliable Internet Stream Transport (RIST), an interoperable and royalty free standard for low-latency video transport over unmanaged networks for contribution and distribution applications.
News categories: RIST Forum, Jacob Kinsey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Thirty-nine more companies join the SRT Alliance
Mar 21, 2019 – The SRT Alliance has announced that 39 more companies have recently endorsed the SRT protocol for low latency video streaming, including broadcast industry giants Imagine Communications, Net Insight, Red Bee Media and Telestream.
News categories: SRT Alliance, David Heppe, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
ATEME software encoder enables ATSC 3.0 testing in Phoenix
Feb 26, 2019 – ATEME is enabling real-world ATSC 3.0 field research for Pearl TV and the Phoenix Model Market-a test bed for next generation TV services. Using ATEME’s software-based TITAN solution, Pearl TV is testing multi-channel HEVC encoding for ATSC 3.0.
News categories: ATEME, Pearl TV, Walid El Hamri, Dr. Mickael Raulet, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Millicom acquires Telefónica’s operations in Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua
Feb 20, 2019 – Millicom has announced that it has entered into agreements with Telefónica to acquire the entire share capital of Telefónica Móviles Panamá, Telefónica de Costa Rica and Telefonía Celular de Nicaragua for a combined enterprise value of $1,650 million.
News categories: Millicom, Telefónica, Mauricio Ramos, Costa Rica, MnA, Nicaragua, Panama
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers
- FreeWheel announces programmatic OTT offering for local TV buyers
- Cyfrowy Polsat contract pay TV subscribers down 22,000 in 1Q 2019
- Digital Alert Systems and Kaltura bring EAS Alerts to Cloud TV services
- Telestream and NPAW integrate video monitoring and analytics platforms
- Cross channel ad management and tracking help drive video ad tech market