Digital TV News: AWS
PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
Aug 6, 2020 – PAOK FC, the largest football club in Greece has worked with Insys Video Technologies to launch a new version of its OTT streaming service, PAOK TV. Built using Insys Sport, PAOK TV is fully cloud-based, running on AWS.
News categories: Insys Video, PAOK FC, Jarosław Narojczyk, Panagiotis Aroniadis, Content Distribution, Greece, OTT
ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
Jul 31, 2020 – ATEME (ISIN: FR0011992700) and the main shareholders of ANEVIA (ISIN: FR0011910652) have entered into exclusive negotiations to transfer their interest in the share capital of the Company to the benefit of ATEME.
News categories: ATEME, ANEVIA, Michel Artières, Laurent Lafarge, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Kantar launches industry-wide ad effectiveness measurement platform
Jul 22, 2020 – Kantar has announced Project Moonshot, an industry initiative to assess the impact of advertising. Also being announced are cookie-less measurement partnerships including Dish, Pinterest, Roku, Snap, Spotify and Twitter.
News categories: Kantar, Jane Ostler, Gaurav Shirole, Itamar Benedy, Nick Lawson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
AWS announces Amazon Interactive Video Service
Jul 15, 2020 – Amazon Web Services(AWS) [NASDAQ: AMZN] has announced Amazon Interactive Video Service (Amazon IVS), a managed service that makes it easy to set up live, interactive video streams in just a few minutes.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Martin Hess, John Katsavrias, Scott Hurrey, Eric Hsu, Daisuke Mizuta, Luke Hubbard, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, USA
DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
Jul 6, 2020 – VisualOn has announced that it is providing DNA's end users with the ability to stream video on Android TV. VisualOn's OnStream Android TV is integrated into DNA's TV app. DNA is Finland's largest cable operator.
News categories: VisualOn, DNA Plc, Yang Cai, Pekka Jääskeläinen, Apps, Digital TV, Finland, Media Player, OTT
NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
Jun 30, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced API integration of NexGuard forensic watermarking into AWS Elemental MediaConvert, a file-based video transcoding service with broadcast-grade features from Amazon Web Services (AWS).
News categories: NAGRA, AWS Elemental, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Synamedia and AWS accelerate end-to-end cloud TV deployments
Jun 8, 2020 – Synamedia is collaborating with AWS to accelerate the adoption of cloud TV services. With the partnership, video service providers can combine Synamedia’s Infinite cloud TV platform and AWS's reliability and cloud elasticity.
News categories: Synamedia, AWS, Nick Thexton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Worldwide
Panasonic withdraws from IBC 2020
May 11, 2020 – Panasonic has withdrawn from IBC 2020. Instead, the organisation is focusing on supporting its partners and customers through its online initiatives, with the launch of its own Technology Experience Zone to help share expertise and information for the industry.
News categories: Panasonic, André Meterian, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBC2020, Netherlands, Worldwide
Mirada multiscreen solution available as a turn-key proposition
May 11, 2020 – Mirada has announced that it has made its Iris end-to-end multiscreen solution available as a turn-key proposition. Iris in Swift Mode provides operators with a proven solution helping to reduce time-to-market and avoid high upfront costs.
News categories: Mirada, Antonio Rodríguez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020