Digital TV News: Aafia Bathool
Data explosion is propelling OTT video consumption in India
Apr 10, 2018 – According to Frost & Sullivan, the OTT video market in India is beginning to see real traction with more competitors and new innovative platforms on the back of cheaper data bundles.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Aafia Bathool, Vidya S. Nath, Digital TV, India, Market Research, OTT
Pay TV services market in India rapidly transforming
Jan 31, 2018 – The Pay TV services market in India has been rapidly transforming as a result of mandates such as digitization, GST, and demonetization. A social revolution in terms of content consumed, willingness to pay, rising trend of OTT video viewing, and demand for unconventional entertainment is shaping the mindset and outlook of the masses.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Aafia Bathool, Vidya S. Nath, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mobile
Rising investment in new technology revolutionizing legacy broadcasting in MENA
Dec 5, 2017 – In MENA, the television industry is evolving in terms of content and business models for over-the-top (OTT) and Pay-TV. According to Frost & Sullivan, broadcasters will adopt technologies to provide an enhanced user experience in the rising competitive landscape.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Aafia Bathool, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East
OTT to transform TV viewing in the MENA region
May 3, 2017 – The boom in smartphone and internet penetration is transforming traditional TV viewership patterns in the MENA region as well as is attracting significant investment, according to Frost & Sullivan.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Aafia Bathool, Vidya S Nath, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware