Digital TV News: Academy of Broadcasting Science
iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
Nov 18, 2019 – iQIYI has announced that its self-developed watermarking system has passed the security evaluation test of the ChinaDRM Lab, making iQIYI the first online video platform in China to receive such an accreditation.
News categories: iQIYI, ChinaDRM, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking
Hong Kong's ASTRI and China's SAPPRFT ABS set up joint UHD lab
Mar 23, 2016 – Hong Kong's ASTRI and China's SAPPRFT and ABS have announced the establishment of the ASTRI – SAPPRFT ABS Ultra High-definition Television Technology Joint Laboratory which focuses on research and development of ultra high-definition technology and upcoming video technology.
News categories: ASTRI, Academy of Broadcasting Science, SAPPRFT, Dr. Frank Tong, Dr. Ieong Meikei, Li Yiu Kei, Mr. Zou Feng, Xie Wei, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong
Spreadtrum Announces SC6600V: First Single-Chip Demodulator/Decoder for CMMB-Based Mobile TV
May 7, 2008 – Spreadtrum Communications (NASDAQ: SPRD) plans to announce its new mobile TV single chip solution, the SC6600V, the first demodulator/decoder chip for CMMB-based mobile TV during the 'Asia Future TV 2008' conference.
News categories: Spreadtrum, China, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Semiconductor, Tablet
SARFT Plans Overseas Promotion of CMMB
Apr 29, 2008 – The China Academy of Broadcasting Science has held a meeting to promote overseas partnerships on the CMMB standard, with senior officials from SARFT's Science and Technology Department, the Academy itself, the S2M Group and Loral Space and Communications.
News categories: Academy of Broadcasting Science, China, Digital TV, Mobile
CCID Consulting: China's Onboard Mobile TV Market Enters Fast Growth Period
Mar 26, 2008 – CCID Consulting (Hong Kong Stock Exchange: HK08235), released on March 4, 2008, the 2007-2008 Annual Report on China's Onboard Mobile TV Market at the Consumer Electronics Market China 2008.
News categories: CCID Consulting, China, DTMB, Market Research, Mobile, Terrestrial
China - Full Set of Terrestrial DTV Standards Expected in H1
Jan 31, 2008 – An industry insider has revealed that the Academy of Broadcasting Science and Academy of Broadcasting Planning, both of which are under the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT), have completed the formulation of 6 terrestrial DTV supporting standards.
News categories: SARFT, Broadcasting, China, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Thomson Renews Contract to Supply Cable Set-Top Boxes to Chinese Cable TV Operator Dalian Tiantu
Sep 7, 2007 – Thomson (Euronext 18453; NYSE: TMS) has announced the renewal of its contract to supply Chinese cable operator Dalian Tiantu Cable TV with DCI1000E digital cable set top boxes, further to the original agreement concluded via Thomson CITIC Digital Technology Co., Ltd. (TCDT) in August 2006.
News categories: Thomson, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Set Top Box
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs