Digital TV News: Ad Insertion Platform
Tappx to develop programmatic Server-Side Ad Insertion platform for TV
Dec 11, 2019 – Tappx has secured funding to develop the world’s first Programmatic Server-Side Ad Insertion (PSSAI) OTT/CTV solution. The Tappx PSSAI can simultaneously manage and programmatically insert contextually relevant OTT/CTV video ads into CTV content.
News categories: Tappx, David Lahoz Martin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, EU
Canoe adds Frontier to its dynamic ad insertion platform
Oct 28, 2019 – Canoe Ventures has added Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FTR) to its footprint of VOD-DAI enabled television distributors. Frontier joins Charter (NASDAQ:CHTR), Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and Cox as the fourth MVPD to utilize Canoe’s Service Assurance platform.
News categories: Canoe, Frontier Communications, Joel Hassell, Marcien Jenckes, James Frogameni, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Globecast partners with AIP for server-side dynamic ad insertion
Sep 9, 2019 – Globecast has announced that it is continuing to expand its TV Everywhere OTT video platform via the integration of additional server-side dynamic ad insertion (SSDAI) capabilities, partnering with Ad Insertion Platform (AIP) in Europe.
News categories: Globecast, Ad Insertion Platform, Frédéric Torasso, Laurent Potesta, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe
Bitcentral partners with SpotX for Server-side Ad Insertion
Apr 4, 2019 – Bitcentral has announced that it is using SpotX’s programmatic video ad serving technology to empower FUEL, Bitcentral’s cloud-based Linear on Demand (LOD) platform. LOD streaming channels keep viewers engaged 5x longer than VOD.
News categories: Bitcentral, SpotX, Fred Fourcher, Joshua Sharma, Advertising, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Amagi provides targeted OTT dynamic ad insertion for SonyLIV
Sep 12, 2018 – Amagi has announced that SonyLIV is using its THUNDERSTORM cloud-based platform for targeted OTT dynamic ad insertion. Amagi will help monetize premium general entertainment and movie channels on the SonyLIV OTT platform.
News categories: Amagi, Sony Pictures Networks India, Deepakjit Singh, Uday Sodhi, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, India, OTT
Sky Deutschland chooses Yospace dynamic ad insertion for Sky Go
Jul 21, 2017 – Sky Deutschland has chosen Yospace’s dynamic ad insertion platform to monetise live channels on Sky Go. The system allows addressable advertising to be served across Sky Deutschland’s suite of live sports coverage.
News categories: Yospace, Sky Deutschland, Tim Sewell, Boris Haug, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, TV Everywhere
NexPlayer SDK fully compatible with Yospace
Jan 3, 2017 – NexStreaming has announced that its NexPlayer SDK supports Yospace’s Dynamic Ad Insertion platform. From now on, video service providers and broadcasters will be able to monetise their video apps and ensure their viewers enjoy the best user experience.
News categories: NexStreaming, Yospace, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile
Adobe is launch partner for Conviva multiscreen QoE metrics
Sep 20, 2016 – Conviva has announced Adobe as a launch partner for Conviva’s QoE Ecosystem initiative. By bringing all metrics together into the same console, publishers will have a clearer visibility and understanding of the customer experience in the client player.
News categories: Conviva, Adobe, Dr. Hui Zhang, Advertising, Digital TV, Mobile, Worldwide
International Datacasting teams with Irdeto for MDU market
Sep 12, 2013 – International Datacasting (TSX: IDC) and Irdeto (JSE: NPN) have joined forces. The partnership, which leverages Irdeto Media Protection, enables pay TV operators to launch secure IP-based services within Multi-Dwelling Units (MDUs).
News categories: International Datacasting, Irdeto, Bengt Jonsson, Doug Lowther, Content Protection, Gateway, IBC2019, Satellite, Set Top Box
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature