Digital TV News: Advanced Television Systems Committee
Telos Audio Processor integrates Verance watermarking for ATSC 3.0
May 12, 2020 – Telos Alliance has announced the availability of Verance Aspect watermarking in its LA-5300 Broadcast Audio Processor. The LA-5300 processor was developed by Telos Alliance specifically for ATSC 3.0 services.
News categories: Verance, Telos Alliance, Nil Shah, John Schur, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
NAB Show reveals plans for NAB Show Express
Apr 13, 2020 – NAB Show Express will take place May 13–14, 2020. The platform is free and offers three educational channels, on-demand content and a Solutions Marketplace featuring exhibitor product information, announcements and demos.
News categories: NAB Show, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
LG introduces ATSC 3.0-enabled OLED TVs in USA
Jan 8, 2020 – LG, co-developer of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television standard, is ushering in the era of NEXTGEN TV with the introduction of six advanced new LG OLED TV models equipped to receive new services with enhanced content, pictures and sound.
News categories: LG Electronics, Tim Alessi, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
ITU approves ATSC 3.0 as a recommended DTT standard
Jan 2, 2020 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) and ONE Media 3.0 have applauded the International Telecommunication Union's approval of ATSC 3.0 for use by any country in the world. The U.S. Delegation proposed ATSC 3.0 to the ITU in April 2019.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, ONE Media 3.0, International Telecommunication Union, Christopher Ripley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
SiTune introduces TV tuner for mobile ATSC 3.0 and 5G Broadcast
Dec 11, 2019 – SiTune has announced the release of an ultra-low power mobile TV tuner. The tuner, targeted at mobile handhelds including smartphones, tablets, and USB dongles, enables viewing of terrestrial digital TV content via a low power RF solution.
News categories: SiTune, Marzieh Veyseh, 5G, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
Oct 15, 2019 – ARK Multicasting has announced an agreement with Microsoft. The companies will work together to test technology approaches to address both the broadband gap in rural America and media distribution using ARK’s broadcast network.
News categories: ARK Multicasting, Microsoft, Vern Fotheringham, Shelley McKinley, Broadband, Terrestrial, USA
Verance brings watermarking to HbbTV
Oct 1, 2019 – Verance has announced plans to bring its Aspect watermarking to HbbTV. Aspect uses Verance’s implementation of the watermarking technologies sanctioned by the HbbTV Association in their 'Application Discovery over Broadband' specification.
News categories: Verance, Joe Winograd, Content Identification, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
'NEXTGEN TV' announced as go-to-market name for ATSC 3.0
Sep 26, 2019 – The CTA has announced 'NEXTGEN TV' as the go-to-market name for ATSC 3.0 technology. The association also unveiled a NEXTGEN TV logo for devices meeting newly developed ATSC 3.0 interoperability test specifications.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, John Taylor, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
U.S. proposes ATSC 3.0 as an international digital broadcast standard
Apr 8, 2019 – The U.S. has proposed to the ITU adoption of the ATSC 3.0 digital broadcast standard for use by all countries in the world. The proposal is the first major step in the evaluation process for worldwide acceptance of the standard.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, International Telecommunication Union, Jerald Fritz, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Worldwide
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5