Digital TV News: Agama
Agama and VisualOn partner to improve OTT video experiences
Sep 14, 2017 – Agama and VisualOn have announced that they are partnering to deliver a pre-integrated player SDK solution for efficient video service quality assurance for OTT providers. The integration simplifies the process for operators wanting to ensure a high-quality viewing experience.
News categories: Agama, VisualOn, Mikael Dahlgren, Yang Cai, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
Agama Technologies joins RDK community
Sep 10, 2016 – Agama has joined the Reference Design Kit (RDK) community as a licensee. The integration with the RDK pre-integrated software solution will broaden the applicability of Agama's assurance and analytics to RDK-powered set-top boxes.
News categories: Agama, RDK Management, Johan Görsjö, Jason Briggs, QoE, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Agama Technologies selected by Deutsche Glasfaser
Sep 6, 2016 – Agama has announced that Deutsche Glasfaser is implementing Agama's video service assurance solution. Deutsche Glasfaser operates Germany's most far-reaching independent open access FTTH networks along with an IPTV platform.
News categories: Agama, Deutsche Glasfaser, Mikael Dahlgren, Niels Jonkman, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, QoE, Set Top Box
Digicel selects Agama for Video Service Assurance
Jul 5, 2016 – Agama has announced that Digicel has selected Agama to provide its end-to-end DTV monitoring solution. This solution covers the complete end-to-end hybrid IP/cable TV and OTT service distribution for linear and VoD services.
News categories: Agama, Digicel, Mikael Dahlgren, Krishna Phillipp, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Jamaica
VOD to be $263 billion market by 2016
Oct 19, 2015 – The global Video on Demand (VOD) market is expected to reach $263 billion by 2016, up from $207 billion in 2014, fuelled by the rising popularity of on-demand services among consumers and proliferation of internet in emerging nations.
News categories: Future Market Insights, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Watson Nordic taps Agama for multiscreen OTT service assurance
Sep 2, 2014 – Agama has announced that it has been contracted by Watson Nordic, a Finnish OTT multiscreen video service provider, to provide its DTV Monitoring Solution for real-time monitoring, assurance and analytics of the service distribution from creation to consumption.
News categories: Agama, Watson Nordic, Jari Laiho, Mikael Dahlgren, Finland, IBC2019, Mobile, OTT, QoE
Finecom selects Agama for TV service quality monitoring
May 13, 2014 – Agama Technologies has announced it has been chosen by Switzerland's Finecom Telecommunications to provide its DTV Monitoring Solution for TV service quality monitoring, assurance and analytics.
News categories: Agama, Finecom, Mikael Dahlgren, ANGA COM, Cable TV, QoE, Switzerland
Agama Embedded Monitoring Solution integrated with Zenterio OS
Jul 16, 2013 – Agama Technologies and Zenterio have announced a technology partnership to deliver a turnkey solution for efficient last-mile and in-home video service quality assurance to joint TV operator customers worldwide.
News categories: Agama, Zenterio, IBC2019, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box
Agama Launches Churn Risk Identification Application at IBC
Aug 30, 2012 – Agama has announced that it is launching a unique Churn Identification Application addition to its DTV Monitoring Solution at IBC2012. This latest innovation supports TV operators worldwide in their mission to reduce churn rates.
News categories: Agama, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, QoE
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs