Digital TV News: Aidan O'Rourke
Teracom and Broadcom collaborate on Ultra HD broadcast demonstration
Jan 24, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Teracom, a provider of terrestrial network operations in Sweden and Denmark, has selected Broadcom silicon to demonstrate 4K Ultra HD and DVB-T2 broadcast capabilities with Boxer TV.
News categories: Broadcom, Teracom, Håkan Axén, Aidan O'Rourke, Denmark, DVB-T2, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial
Myriad and Broadcom Deliver Popular Android Apps to the TV
Jan 4, 2012 – Myriad (SIX:MYRN) and Broadcom (NASDAQ:BRCM) have announced a joint effort to drive the Android ecosystem to TVs. Myriad's Alien Vue is now supported on Broadcom STB platforms, simplifying the delivery of Android-based interactive apps to the TV.
News categories: Myriad Group, Broadcom, Apps, CES2021, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Broadcom and Rovi Collaborate to Deliver an Over-the-Top Entertainment Experience
Sep 9, 2011 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that it is working with Broadcom (Nasdaq:BRCM) to integrate its recently unveiled DivX Plus Streaming technology into Broadcom's System-on-a Chip (SoC) platforms for set-top boxes and connected Digital TVs.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Broadcom, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Firecomms Announces OptoLock® Compatibility with Broadcom BCM7405 IP Set-Top Box SoC
Mar 25, 2009 – Firecomms has announced the compatibility of its OptoLock® Fast Ethernet optical transceiver with the Ethernet PHY integrated in Broadcom's BCM7405 IP set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) solution.
News categories: Firecomms, Broadcom, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Video Exchange
DivX Certifies High-Definition Chip from Broadcom for HDTVs and Set-Top Boxes
Aug 11, 2008 – DivX (NASDAQ:DIVX) has announced the high-definition (HD) DivX Certification™ of Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM)'s BCM7405 system-on-a-chip (SoC).
News categories: DivX, Broadcom, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
DivX and Broadcom Collaborate to Enable DivX® Video Support in Set-Top Box Chipset
Jan 7, 2008 – DivX, Inc. (NASDAQ:DIVX) and Broadcom Corporation (Nasdaq: BRCM) have announced the DivX® Certification of the Broadcom® BCM7403 chip for set-top devices.
News categories: DivX, Broadcom, CES2021, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
DTS' and Coding Technologies' MPEG-4 aacPlus/DTS transcoding solution gains major support by chip set manufacturers
Jan 8, 2007 – Coding Technologies and DTS (NASDAQ: DTSI) announced that the companies' 5.1 multi-channel aacPlus/DTS transcoding solution has gained support from Conexant (NASDAQ: CNXT) and Analog Devices (NYSE: ADI) for digital TV set top boxes.
News categories: aacPlus, DTS, Coding Technologies, CES2021, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5