Digital TV News: Alan Constant
Disney+ set to launch in U.S. on November 12
Apr 11, 2019 – The Walt Disney Company has presented an extensive overview of its comprehensive direct-to-consumer strategy, including presentations on Hulu, Hotstar, ESPN+, and the upcoming Disney+ service at its Investor Day, which took place on the Company’s studio lot.
News categories: Walt Disney Company, Robert A. Iger, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
MediaKind provides compression and transmitter infrastructure to Digicel in PNG
Sep 4, 2018 – MediaKind is supporting Digicel, the leading provider of digital TV in Papua New Guinea (PNG), to evolve its service, adding 48 new channels through deploying MediaKind’s compression headend technology and expanded transmitter infrastructure.
News categories: MediaKind, Digicel, Ken Yap, Alan Constant, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Melanesia, Terrestrial
Kaltura Targeted TV segments audiences to enable tailored TV experiences
Aug 28, 2018 – Kaltura has announced the availability of Kaltura Targeted TV. Kaltura Targeted TV uses AI to segment TV audiences and offer users tailored experiences that will increase content usage and overall user satisfaction while reducing churn and ultimately raising ARPU.
News categories: Kaltura, Dr. Shay David, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC, UX, Worldwide
Liberty Global and Comcast to use STB browser enhancements from Metrological
Sep 10, 2015 – Metrological has announced that Liberty Global and Comcast will use Metrological-created, open-source browser enhancements to improve their ability to support enhanced Internet Protocol (IP) browser-based services and applications for set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Metrological, Liberty Global, Comcast, RDK Management, Albert Dahan, Balan Nair, Sree Kotay, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, RDK, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Verimatrix chosen for Digicel Play HD digital entertainment service
Jun 2, 2015 – Verimatrix has announced that Digicel New Media Ventures has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB to protect its Digicel Play high definition digital entertainment service offering.
News categories: Verimatrix, Digicel, Steve Oetegenn, Alan Constant, Caribbean, Central America, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Oceania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Over 50% of U.S. broadband households subscribe to an OTT video service
Apr 9, 2015 – Research from Parks Associates has found that 57% of consumers in U.S. broadband households subscribe to an OTT video service. The research firm reports that the average U.S. broadband household spends $9 per month on Internet video, up from $7 in 2012.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Greece's Nova chooses Harmonic headend for DTH
Mar 3, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Forthnet, the company that owns Nova, the largest pay-TV satellite platform in Greece, has chosen a high-end compression headend with video analytics from Harmonic to support its direct-to-home (DTH) SD/HD service.
News categories: Harmonic, Nova, Forthnet, Ian Graham, Constantinos Moraitis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
Netflix to launch in Japan
Feb 4, 2015 – Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) has announced that it will expand this autumn into Japan, as it moves to complete its global rollout by the end of 2016. The rollout will follow the March expansion of the Netflix service into Australia and New Zealand.
News categories: Netflix, Reed Hastings, Gregory K. Peters, Digital TV, Japan, OTT
Netflix to launch in Australia and New Zealand in March 2015
Nov 18, 2014 – Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) has announced that it will expand into Australia and New Zealand in March 2015. Subscribers to Netflix will be able to watch movies and TV shows in high-definition or even 4K where available.
News categories: Netflix, Australia, Digital TV, Mobile, New Zealand, OTT
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- Rostelecom pay TV subscribers up 3% YoY in 1Q 2019
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul launch Crackle Plus
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers