Digital TV News: Alfred Chan
Sigma Designs to offer HDR10+ in STV7803/4 UHD HDR chipsets
Jul 13, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that universal HDR chipsets STV7803 and STV7804 will now support HDR10+. Samsung recently introduced the open standard for HDR video that leverages dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Samsung, Alfred Chan, Kyoungwon Lim, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs introduces UHD TV SoC with integrated 100/120Hz frame rate converter
Sep 1, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a single-chip Smart UHD TV SoC solution that improves picture quality and audio performance while lowering board cost and meeting TV market demand for low profile form factor.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, IBC2019, ICs, IFA2019, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor HDR receives support from SoC manufacturers
Jan 5, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that a number of TV and Set Top Box (STB) System-on-Chip (SoC) manufacturers are integrating Technicolor’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) Delivery Solution into their offerings, including: Marvell, MSTAR, Sigma and STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Technicolor, Marvell, MStar Semi, Sigma Designs, STMicroelectronics, Mark Turner, Philip Poulidis, Stanley Chen, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs Frame Rate Converter IC supports Ultra HD and Multiple HDR standards
Jan 5, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the FRC8200, a single chip for Ultra HD (UHD) and High Dynamic Range (HDR) frame rate conversion. The solution provides advanced content processing and interfaces with any next generation smart TV SoC.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Alfred Chan, CES, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs Announces HiDTV Pro-UXL™ for Smart TVs
Sep 2, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the release of its HiDTV Pro-UXL Smart TV SoC. With its integrated 1GHz CPU, 3D graphics and video processing, HiDTV Pro-UXL picture quality is designed to deliver a cinematic experience.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digital TV, ICs, IFA2019, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos