Digital TV News: Alfred Chan
Sigma Designs to offer HDR10+ in STV7803/4 UHD HDR chipsets
Jul 13, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that universal HDR chipsets STV7803 and STV7804 will now support HDR10+. Samsung recently introduced the open standard for HDR video that leverages dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Samsung, Alfred Chan, Kyoungwon Lim, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs introduces UHD TV SoC with integrated 100/120Hz frame rate converter
Sep 1, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a single-chip Smart UHD TV SoC solution that improves picture quality and audio performance while lowering board cost and meeting TV market demand for low profile form factor.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, IBC2020, ICs, IFA2020, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor HDR receives support from SoC manufacturers
Jan 5, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that a number of TV and Set Top Box (STB) System-on-Chip (SoC) manufacturers are integrating Technicolor’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) Delivery Solution into their offerings, including: Marvell, MSTAR, Sigma and STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Technicolor, Marvell, MStar Semi, Sigma Designs, STMicroelectronics, Mark Turner, Philip Poulidis, Stanley Chen, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs Frame Rate Converter IC supports Ultra HD and Multiple HDR standards
Jan 5, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the FRC8200, a single chip for Ultra HD (UHD) and High Dynamic Range (HDR) frame rate conversion. The solution provides advanced content processing and interfaces with any next generation smart TV SoC.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Alfred Chan, CES2020, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs Announces HiDTV Pro-UXL™ for Smart TVs
Sep 2, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the release of its HiDTV Pro-UXL Smart TV SoC. With its integrated 1GHz CPU, 3D graphics and video processing, HiDTV Pro-UXL picture quality is designed to deliver a cinematic experience.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digital TV, ICs, IFA2020, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020