Digital TV News: Alfred Chan
Sigma Designs to offer HDR10+ in STV7803/4 UHD HDR chipsets
Jul 13, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that universal HDR chipsets STV7803 and STV7804 will now support HDR10+. Samsung recently introduced the open standard for HDR video that leverages dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Samsung, Alfred Chan, Kyoungwon Lim, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs introduces UHD TV SoC with integrated 100/120Hz frame rate converter
Sep 1, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a single-chip Smart UHD TV SoC solution that improves picture quality and audio performance while lowering board cost and meeting TV market demand for low profile form factor.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, ICs, IFA2020, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor HDR receives support from SoC manufacturers
Jan 5, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that a number of TV and Set Top Box (STB) System-on-Chip (SoC) manufacturers are integrating Technicolor’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) Delivery Solution into their offerings, including: Marvell, MSTAR, Sigma and STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Technicolor, Marvell, MStar Semi, Sigma Designs, STMicroelectronics, Mark Turner, Philip Poulidis, Stanley Chen, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs Frame Rate Converter IC supports Ultra HD and Multiple HDR standards
Jan 5, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the FRC8200, a single chip for Ultra HD (UHD) and High Dynamic Range (HDR) frame rate conversion. The solution provides advanced content processing and interfaces with any next generation smart TV SoC.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Alfred Chan, CES2021, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs Announces HiDTV Pro-UXL™ for Smart TVs
Sep 2, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the release of its HiDTV Pro-UXL Smart TV SoC. With its integrated 1GHz CPU, 3D graphics and video processing, HiDTV Pro-UXL picture quality is designed to deliver a cinematic experience.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digital TV, ICs, IFA2020, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025