Digital TV News: Alfred Chan
Sigma Designs to offer HDR10+ in STV7803/4 UHD HDR chipsets
Jul 13, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that universal HDR chipsets STV7803 and STV7804 will now support HDR10+. Samsung recently introduced the open standard for HDR video that leverages dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Samsung, Alfred Chan, Kyoungwon Lim, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs introduces UHD TV SoC with integrated 100/120Hz frame rate converter
Sep 1, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a single-chip Smart UHD TV SoC solution that improves picture quality and audio performance while lowering board cost and meeting TV market demand for low profile form factor.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, IBC2020, ICs, IFA2020, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor HDR receives support from SoC manufacturers
Jan 5, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that a number of TV and Set Top Box (STB) System-on-Chip (SoC) manufacturers are integrating Technicolor’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) Delivery Solution into their offerings, including: Marvell, MSTAR, Sigma and STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Technicolor, Marvell, MStar Semi, Sigma Designs, STMicroelectronics, Mark Turner, Philip Poulidis, Stanley Chen, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs Frame Rate Converter IC supports Ultra HD and Multiple HDR standards
Jan 5, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the FRC8200, a single chip for Ultra HD (UHD) and High Dynamic Range (HDR) frame rate conversion. The solution provides advanced content processing and interfaces with any next generation smart TV SoC.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Alfred Chan, CES2020, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs Announces HiDTV Pro-UXL™ for Smart TVs
Sep 2, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the release of its HiDTV Pro-UXL Smart TV SoC. With its integrated 1GHz CPU, 3D graphics and video processing, HiDTV Pro-UXL picture quality is designed to deliver a cinematic experience.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Digital TV, ICs, IFA2020, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region