Digital TV News: Allegro DVT
Allegro DVT unveils ATSC 3.0 system compliance test suite
Sep 7, 2016 – Allegro DVT has announced an ATSC3.0 system test suite which will help silicon vendors and ATSC3.0 device manufacturers validate their implementations of products aimed at this new standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Pierre Marty, ATSC, Digital TV, IBC2019, Korea, QoE, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
MediaTek selects Allegro DVT AVS2 compliance streams
Sep 5, 2016 – Allegro DVT has announced that MediaTek has licensed Allegro DVT's AVS2 compliance streams. AVS2, China's next generation video codec, is developed by the AVS workgroup with a target to achieve more compression efficiency than the current AVS standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, MediaTek, Pierre Marty, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor
Allegro DVT extends HEVC Test Suites with MV-HEVC and HEVC-SCC streams
Jun 6, 2016 – Allegro DVT has extended its HEVC test suites and unveiled new MV-HEVC and HEVC-SCC test streams which can now be used by manufacturers developing HEVC compliant decoders to validate the conformance of their implementation against the HEVC standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Pierre Marty, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Allegro DVT launches AVS2 compliance streams
Feb 23, 2016 – Allegro DVT has complemented its portfolio of video codec test suites with the release of new AVS2 compliance streams which allow validation of AVS2 decoders with the latest version of this emerging video coding standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Pierre Marty, China, Digital TV, QoE, Semiconductor
Allegro DVT launches HEVC Scalable Extension (SHVC) compliance streams
Jan 18, 2016 – Allegro DVT has announced the immediate availability of HEVC Scalability Extension (a.k.a. SHVC) test suites to help manufacturers developing SHVC compliant decoders validate the conformance of their implementation with the SHVC standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Pierre Marty, Digital TV, Media Player
TPV adopts Allegro DVT DVB HEVC System compliance streams
Dec 10, 2015 – Allegro DVT has announced that TPV, a manufacturer of monitors and LCD TVs, has adopted Allegro DVT's DVB HEVC System compliance streams for the validation of a new range of HEVC-enabled LCD TV models.
News categories: Allegro DVT, TPV, Pierre Marty, QoE, Smart TV, Worldwide
Allegro DVT unveils VP9 compliance streams
Jun 4, 2015 – Allegro DVT has announced the addition of VP9 test bitstreams to its product portfolio. IC vendors developing VP9 compliant decoders are now able leverage Allegro DVT's technology to validate their VP9 decoder implementation.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Digital TV, OTT, QoE, Silicon IP
T-Mobile launches mobile TV with Allegro DVT transcoders
Mar 2, 2015 – Allegro DVT has announced that T-Mobile Czech Republic is launching Mobile TV. T-Mobile has selected Allegro DVT's transcoders to build the OTT platform that makes the Mobile TV service available to T-Mobile's 6 million subscribers.
News categories: Allegro DVT, T-Mobile Czech Republic, Jerome Blanc, Milan Hába, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere
Allegro DVT showcases HEVC/H.265 video encoder IP at IBC 2014
Sep 9, 2014 – At IBC 2014, Allegro DVT will perform a live demonstration of its HEVC/H.265 encoder IP core. The demonstration will be conducted on a prototyping platform, demonstrating the features and video quality of the IP.
News categories: Allegro DVT, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent