Digital TV News: Allegro DVT
Allegro DVT unveils ATSC 3.0 system compliance test suite
Sep 7, 2016 – Allegro DVT has announced an ATSC3.0 system test suite which will help silicon vendors and ATSC3.0 device manufacturers validate their implementations of products aimed at this new standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Pierre Marty, ATSC, Digital TV, IBC2019, Korea, QoE, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
MediaTek selects Allegro DVT AVS2 compliance streams
Sep 5, 2016 – Allegro DVT has announced that MediaTek has licensed Allegro DVT's AVS2 compliance streams. AVS2, China's next generation video codec, is developed by the AVS workgroup with a target to achieve more compression efficiency than the current AVS standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, MediaTek, Pierre Marty, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor
Allegro DVT extends HEVC Test Suites with MV-HEVC and HEVC-SCC streams
Jun 6, 2016 – Allegro DVT has extended its HEVC test suites and unveiled new MV-HEVC and HEVC-SCC test streams which can now be used by manufacturers developing HEVC compliant decoders to validate the conformance of their implementation against the HEVC standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Pierre Marty, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Allegro DVT launches AVS2 compliance streams
Feb 23, 2016 – Allegro DVT has complemented its portfolio of video codec test suites with the release of new AVS2 compliance streams which allow validation of AVS2 decoders with the latest version of this emerging video coding standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Pierre Marty, China, Digital TV, QoE, Semiconductor
Allegro DVT launches HEVC Scalable Extension (SHVC) compliance streams
Jan 18, 2016 – Allegro DVT has announced the immediate availability of HEVC Scalability Extension (a.k.a. SHVC) test suites to help manufacturers developing SHVC compliant decoders validate the conformance of their implementation with the SHVC standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Pierre Marty, Digital TV, Media Player
TPV adopts Allegro DVT DVB HEVC System compliance streams
Dec 10, 2015 – Allegro DVT has announced that TPV, a manufacturer of monitors and LCD TVs, has adopted Allegro DVT's DVB HEVC System compliance streams for the validation of a new range of HEVC-enabled LCD TV models.
News categories: Allegro DVT, TPV, Pierre Marty, QoE, Smart TV, Worldwide
Allegro DVT unveils VP9 compliance streams
Jun 4, 2015 – Allegro DVT has announced the addition of VP9 test bitstreams to its product portfolio. IC vendors developing VP9 compliant decoders are now able leverage Allegro DVT's technology to validate their VP9 decoder implementation.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Digital TV, OTT, QoE, Silicon IP
T-Mobile launches mobile TV with Allegro DVT transcoders
Mar 2, 2015 – Allegro DVT has announced that T-Mobile Czech Republic is launching Mobile TV. T-Mobile has selected Allegro DVT's transcoders to build the OTT platform that makes the Mobile TV service available to T-Mobile's 6 million subscribers.
News categories: Allegro DVT, T-Mobile Czech Republic, Jerome Blanc, Milan Hába, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere
Allegro DVT showcases HEVC/H.265 video encoder IP at IBC 2014
Sep 9, 2014 – At IBC 2014, Allegro DVT will perform a live demonstration of its HEVC/H.265 encoder IP core. The demonstration will be conducted on a prototyping platform, demonstrating the features and video quality of the IP.
News categories: Allegro DVT, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019