Digital TV News: Allwinner
Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
Oct 28, 2020 – Promwad has developed a video conferencing solution for STBs and Smart TV. The platform allows TV subscribers to organize joint viewing of movies and sports programs, launch stream-sharing, and make video calls from Android TV and RDK STBs.
News categories: Promwad, Ivan Kuten, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Allwinner 4K OTT STB SoC integrates Dolby Audio
Nov 13, 2015 – Allwinner Technology (Shenzhen: 300458) has announced that the company is integrating Dolby Audio technology into its latest 4K OTT set-top box SoC.
News categories: Allwinner, Dolby, Jack Lee, Jeff Wong, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allwinner releases 4K OTT set-top box chipset
Dec 9, 2014 – Allwinner Technology has announced H3, its 4K OTT set-top box chipset. The $6 device includes four ARM Cortex-A7 CPU cores and Mali graphics running above 600MHz and can decode H.265/H.264 4K video in hardware up to 30fps.
News categories: Allwinner, Jimmy Mak, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Allwinner announces SoC variant for high-end STBs
Oct 11, 2014 – In the run-up to the Hong Kong Electronics Fair, Allwinner Technology has announced an eight-core processor targeted at high-end smart set-top boxes and video games machines.
News categories: Allwinner, China, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Leaders in digital home solutions collaborate with Linaro on ARM Linux platforms
May 29, 2014 – Linaro, the not-for-profit engineering organization developing open source software for the ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH) architecture, has announced the formation of the Linaro Digital Home Group (LHG).
News categories: Linaro, George Grey, Gaming, Gateway, Middleware, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Global Businesses Select ARM Mali GPU Technology across All Smart Devices
Feb 25, 2013 – ARM (LSE:ARM; Nasdaq:ARMH) has revealed that it has 75 licenses of its ARM® Mali GPU family of products across the smartphone, tablet and graphic-enabled Digital TV (DTV) markets.
News categories: ARM, MWC20, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- HBO Max to expand into Latin America and Europe in 2H 2021
- SpotX releases 2021 video advertising trends report
- Comscore and MediaMath offer programmatic contextual ad targeting
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Nordic streaming market approaching 14 million subscriptions
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Deltatre AXIS to power BritBox for a further five years
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- Inverto first with EICS TV distribution equipment certification
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5