Digital TV News: Alticast
Alticast to spin-off media business into new company
Oct 31, 2019 – Alticast plans to establish a new company (tentatively, 'Altimedia Corporation') by spinning-off its media business targeting Korean cable and EMEA/Asia broadcasting companies, excluding media business targeting KT/Skylife and North American broadcasting.
News categories: Alticast, Korea, MnA, Worldwide
Alticast partners with LowaSIS for ATSC 3.0 devices
Oct 22, 2019 – Alticast has announced that it has formed a partnership with LowaSIS aimed at helping broadcast customers seamlessly make the transition to ATSC 3.0. Alticast’s client-side software will be pre-integrated onto LowaSIS's dongles, set-top-boxes and home-gateways.
News categories: Alticast, LowaSIS, Guy Charbonneau, Yongsuk Kim, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
Oct 14, 2019 – Alticast and Triveni Digital will showcase how their paired solutions are transforming the NextGen TV user experience by delivering an interactive viewing experience based on the capabilities of ATSC 3.0 during NAB NYC.
News categories: Alticast, Triveni Digital, Jae Park, Mark Simpson, Apps, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
t-broad uses Alticast cloud technology to enable UX virtualization
May 7, 2019 – Alticast has announced that t-broad has launched Alticast’s cloud-based, user interface (UI) virtualization solution, Apex - Hybrid as part of their next-generation service. This is the first time that an operating partner of Alticast has launch Apex in its hybrid form.
News categories: Alticast, t-broad, Dosa Park, Sukmin Ahn, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Korea, Set Top Box
Turk Telekom selects Alticast's AltiPlatform-WEB middleware
Apr 29, 2019 – Alticast has announced that Turk Telekom has selected Alticast's AltiPlatform - Web middleware to serve as their next-generation, interactive viewing platform that will enable OTT services and web-based applications.
News categories: Alticast, Turk Telekom, Brian Koo, Umit Onal, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Turkey
KCTV selects Alticast to upgrade TV on Korea's JeJu Island
Feb 21, 2019 – Alticast and KCTV JeJu, a South Korean cable operator servicing JeJu Island, have announced that they are to provide KCTV Jeju’s subscribers with an upgraded user experience and deliver in-room entertainment services to large hotel chains on the island.
News categories: Alticast, KCTV JeJu, Dosa Park, Dongwoo Kang, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX
Kbro chooses Alticast middleware to power upgrade to Android TV
Dec 18, 2018 – Taiwan's Kbro has selected Alticast’s AltiPlatform as the middleware to integrate its existing service infrastructure with Android TV. The upgrade will combine the operator’s traditional cable services with numerous OTT options.
News categories: Alticast, Kbro, Dosa Park, Chipin Chen, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Taiwan, UX
Alticast middleware powers STB for SKY in the Philippines
Oct 23, 2018 – Alticast has announced that the Philippines’ largest cable and broadband technology partner, SKY, a subsidiary of ABS-CBN, has selected Alticast products and solutions to deploy their high-end, linux-based SKY On Demand set-top box.
News categories: Alticast, SKY, Dosa Park, Jose Joevel E Rivera, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
Alticast, S&T and UniSoft show ATSC 3.0 solution at NAB NYC 2018
Oct 9, 2018 – At NAB NYC 2018, Alticast, S&T and UniSoft will demonstrate how the companies’ combined technologies allow broadcasters and content delivery networks to fully leverage the benefits and monetization potential of the ATSC 3.0 Next Gen TV broadcast standard.
News categories: Alticast, S&T, UniSoft, Jae Park, Adrian Fowkes, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, UX
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV