Digital TV News: Altice USA
Altice introduces Altice One OS version 2.0
Nov 19, 2018 – Altice USA (NYSE:ATUS) has unveiled its Altice One OS 2.0, an update to its Altice One platform that adds enhanced mobility and more advanced features, including the ability to watch Cloud DVR content on the go on the Altice One mobile app.
News categories: Altice USA, Hakim Boubazine, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
AT&T launches new advertising company, Xandr
Sep 25, 2018 – AT&T has announced the launch of Xandr, its new advertising company. Xandr encompasses all aspects of the existing AT&T advertising and analytics businesses, including AT&T’s advanced TV business, AT&T AdWorks; AT&T’s data and analytics business; ATT.net and AppNexus.
News categories: AT&T, Xandr, Brian Lesser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Revenues at top 10 pay TV operators to drop $20 billion
Apr 23, 2018 – Despite adding 84 million subscribers between 2017 and 2023, subscription and PPV revenues for the world’s top 517 pay TV operators will fall by $18 billion to $183 billion, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Altice USA launches advanced advertising and data business
Apr 5, 2018 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has announced the launch of a4, the company’s advanced advertising and data business, which delivers audience-based, multiscreen advertising solutions to local, regional and national advertisers and MVPD partners.
News categories: Altice USA, Charles Stewart, Paul Haddad, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Multiscreen, USA
Altice rolls out home hub, with Netflix, across its Optimum footprint
Jan 29, 2018 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has announced that Altice One is now available across the full Optimum footprint and includes integrated access to Netflix. Altice One is a home hub that provides video, broadband, WiFi and IP telephony.
News categories: Altice, Netflix, Hakim Boubazine, Paul Perryman, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, OTT, USA
Altice USA deploys TiVo Personalized Content Discovery platform
Dec 20, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Altice USA has selected TiVo services to support its service offerings. Altice has deployed TiVo’s Personalized Content Discovery platform to enable personalization and recommendation on its cloud-based connectivity platform, Altice One.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Altice USA, Enrique Rodriguez, Hakim Boubazine, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Patent, USA, UX
Altice, Charter and Comcast to offer one-stop advertising for New York DMA
Dec 13, 2017 – Altice (NYSE: ATUS), Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) and Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA) have announced that they have reached a preliminary agreement to provide a one-stop advertising solution to reach more than 6.2 million households across the New York DMA.
News categories: Altice USA, Charter, Comcast, Ed Renicker, Charles Stewart, David Kline, Hank Oster, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Sprint, Altice announce MVNO agreement
Nov 5, 2017 – Sprint (NYSE: S) and Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) have announced an agreement under which Altice will utilize Sprint’s network to provide mobile voice and data services, and Sprint will use the Altice broadband platform to accelerate the densification of its network.
News categories: Altice, Sprint, Dexter Goei, Marcelo Claure, Broadband, Cable TV, Multiscreen, USA
Altice launches all-in-one video, broadband, WiFi and phone experience
Nov 2, 2017 – Altice USA (NYSE:ATUS) has unveiled ‘Altice One,’ a new connectivity platform that reinvents the way consumers connect to the entertainment and content they want. Altice One provides a personalized all-in-one video, broadband, WiFi and phone experience.
News categories: Altice, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
- Androidmov Technology unveils IPTV UX software
- Updated specifications for digital distribution of film and TV released
- 2019 predictions from Openwave Mobility
- EU agrees rules to facilitate access to online TV across borders
- 28% of U.S. smart speaker owners use it to control a smart home device
- Consumer IoT to be worth $6.6bn for telcos
- Viaccess-Orca to power Guigo TV live OTT service in Brazil
- Turkcell chooses Metrological to provide TV+ app store
- Wyplay source code powers Telefónica IPTV in Argentina
- EU to investigate acquisition by Vodafone of Liberty Global businesses
- Verizon begins Fios TV One rollout
- Vubiquity and Discover Digital launch VOD with TelOne Zimbabwe
- Telefonica Spain upgrades Movistar+ UI to add Netflix
- Go See TV and Flowplayer launch Shoppable Content Player
- Nordija wins IPTV contract from US fibre operator Ting
- Deutsche Telekom and MediaKind first to stream 6K tiled 360° live sport
- Shanghai sees world's first 4K UHD live broadcast via 5G network slicing
- Freeview NZ PVR combines Freeview features with streaming apps
- Mirada wins contract with Skytel in Mongolia
- 7Park Data tracks path from SVOD viewing to buying on Amazon.com