Digital TV News: Alun Webber
Sky expands its use of Cisco's video security portfolio
Jul 17, 2017 – Sky and Cisco have announced that the companies have extended their collaboration to include a multi-year digital security agreement to support the expansion of Sky video services across any screen.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky, Conrad Clemson, Alun Webber, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mobile, Satellite, UK
Sky and Cisco extend alliance in client and cloud software
Sep 11, 2015 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Sky will extend its collaboration with Cisco for set top box middleware. As part of the extended relationship, Sky will continue to utilize Cisco's security portfolio.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky, Yvette Kanouff, Alun Webber, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2019, Ireland, Italy, Middleware, Satellite, UK
NDS VideoGuard Connect™ Enables BSkyB to Take TV Service to iPhones and iPads
Aug 31, 2011 – NDS has announced that NDS VideoGuard Connect™ is helping enable BSkyB (LSE:BSY) to deliver Sky Go to iOS devices. Sky Go provides flexible access to Sky content across multiple devices.
News categories: NDS Group, BSkyB, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, Ireland, Satellite, Tablet, UK
NDS Set-Top Box Software Powers BSkyB's Sky+HD STB & Anytime+ VOD Service
Jul 12, 2011 – NDS has announced that BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has deployed a customised implementation of NDS' advanced set-top box software for its Sky+HD boxes.
News categories: NDS Group, BSkyB, Digital TV, DVR, Ireland, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- egta survey shows continued transformation of the advertising industry