Digital TV News: Alun Webber
Sky expands its use of Cisco's video security portfolio
Jul 17, 2017 – Sky and Cisco have announced that the companies have extended their collaboration to include a multi-year digital security agreement to support the expansion of Sky video services across any screen.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky, Conrad Clemson, Alun Webber, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mobile, Satellite, UK
Sky and Cisco extend alliance in client and cloud software
Sep 11, 2015 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Sky will extend its collaboration with Cisco for set top box middleware. As part of the extended relationship, Sky will continue to utilize Cisco's security portfolio.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky, Yvette Kanouff, Alun Webber, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2019, Ireland, Italy, Middleware, Satellite, UK
NDS VideoGuard Connect™ Enables BSkyB to Take TV Service to iPhones and iPads
Aug 31, 2011 – NDS has announced that NDS VideoGuard Connect™ is helping enable BSkyB (LSE:BSY) to deliver Sky Go to iOS devices. Sky Go provides flexible access to Sky content across multiple devices.
News categories: NDS Group, BSkyB, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, Ireland, Satellite, Tablet, UK
NDS Set-Top Box Software Powers BSkyB's Sky+HD STB & Anytime+ VOD Service
Jul 12, 2011 – NDS has announced that BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has deployed a customised implementation of NDS' advanced set-top box software for its Sky+HD boxes.
News categories: NDS Group, BSkyB, Digital TV, DVR, Ireland, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box