Digital TV News: Alvaro Martin
Globosat chooses Harmonic for live UHD football broadcasting
Jul 12, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Globosat, Latin America's largest content and program creator, has selected Harmonic's Ultra HD (UHD) contribution solution for broadcast of the world's largest football tournament, being held in Russia.
News categories: Harmonic, Globosat, Alvaro Martin, Roberto Primo, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Harmonic powers new broadcast center for SKY Brasil
Aug 23, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that DTH satellite operator SKY Brasil has deployed a Harmonic software-based video processing solution to deliver linear HD and SD channels in its new broadcast center.
News categories: Harmonic, SKY Brasil, Alvaro Martin, Luis Otavio Marchezetti, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019
Claro Chile to demonstrate Ultra HD with Harmonic
May 12, 2016 – Claro Chile and Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) have announced that they will demonstrate Ultra HD (UHD) delivery via Claro's distribution network. Claro will showcase UHD images, produced and delivered by Harmonic, on Sony UHD TV sets.
News categories: Harmonic, Claro Chile, Alvaro Martin, Mariano Orihuela, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Harmonic headend powers Entel Bolivia DTH service
Oct 28, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that telecommunications operator Entel Bolivia has deployed an integrated headend solution from Harmonic to power its direct-broadcast satellite (DBS) service.
News categories: Harmonic, Entel Bolivia, Alvaro Martin, Emilio Evia, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Harmonic powers multiscreen service of TV Centro América
Apr 1, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that TV Centro América, a TV Globo affiliate based in Cuiabá, Brazil, has deployed an end-to-end contribution, satellite distribution and reception solution from Harmonic to power its new free-to-air multiscreen service.
News categories: Harmonic, TV Centro América, SDB Comercial, Alvaro Martin, Luis Botelho, Sidnei Brito, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, TV Everywhere
Mexico's Megacable deploys Unified Headend from Harmonic
Apr 23, 2014 – Harmonic (Nasdaq:HLIT) has announced that Megacable, one of the largest cable TV providers in Mexico, has deployed an integrated headend solution from Harmonic to power its cable TV services.
News categories: Harmonic, Megacable, Emerson Sampaio, Alvaro Martin, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Mexico
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions