Digital TV News: Amazon Web Services
Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
Aug 12, 2019 – Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ: CNSL) has introduced CCiTV, a 200-channel TV service that includes restart/replay TV, voice-activated remote control, HD with 4K compatibility and cloud-based DVR storage to enable viewing of content anytime, anywhere.
News categories: Consolidated Communications, Rob Koester, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
Jul 16, 2019 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that as part of an initiative to transform the technology that powers its products and services, it has migrated its core National Television Audience Measurement processing to a cloud-based infrastructure.
News categories: Nielsen, AWS, Scott N. Brown, Stephen Orban, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
Jul 15, 2019 – Hotstar set a new record during the India vs New Zealand ICC Cricket World Cup semi-final. The platform registered 25.3 million concurrent viewers, shattering its own previous world record of 18.6 million set during the VIVO IPL 2019 final.
News categories: Hotstar, Varun Narang, Vinod Thadani, Canada, Digital TV, India, OTT, Subscribers, USA
Over 100 million monthly active users for ThinkAnalytics' cloud content discovery
Jul 9, 2019 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its cloud-based personalized content discovery platform is the first in the industry to scale to over 100 million monthly active users in the cloud. Four of the firm’s OTT customers now have a combined user base that exceeds that number.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Peter Docherty, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Conversant uses Verimatrix Secure Cloud for multi-DRM security
Jun 18, 2019 – Verimatrix (Paris:INSD) has announced that Conversant is now hosting its Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) in the Verimatrix Secure Cloud. The cloud environment enables a SaaS model to more efficiently support harmonized rights management for multi-DRM video services.
News categories: Verimatrix, Conversant, Steve Oetegenn, Kong Wai, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Singapore
SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
May 17, 2019 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that it has been selected by Germany’s leading children’s broadcaster SUPER RTL for the relaunch of Kividoo, its SVOD service for youngsters aged 2-13 years.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, SUPER RTL, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, OTT
Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
May 16, 2019 – Insys Video has announced technology to automate identification of celebrities and inappropriate content in OTT content. Viewers can, for example, find the exact point in the show where a celebrity appears, while nudity and violence can be automatically flagged and blurred.
News categories: Insys Video, Krzysztof Bartkowski, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UX, Worldwide
INKA Entworks announces SPEKE API integration with AWS Elemental
Apr 24, 2019 – INKA ENTWORKS has announced integration between its PallyCon multi-DRM service and the SPEKE API developed by AWS. The integration enables media customers to encrypt content using PallyCon with encoders, transcoders and packagers that also support SPEKE.
News categories: INKA Entworks, AWS Elemental, PallyCon, Content Distribution, DRM, OTT, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Telaria and Hulu reveal synergy between Connected TV and DTC brands
Apr 11, 2019 – Telaria (NYSE:TLRA), with Hulu, has published research demonstrating how Connected TV (CTV) is a key channel for Direct-to-Consumer brands (DTC) to increase reach and drive brand awareness among direct-to-consumer shoppers.
News categories: Telaria, Hulu, Jennifer Catto, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018