Digital TV News: Amazon Web Services
Imagine taps AWS to power OTT Monetization Service
Sep 11, 2019 – Imagine Communications has announced that core functionality from its Targeted Delivery portfolio is now available as OTT Monetization Service, powered by AWS. Imagine is collaborating with MOBITV to incorporate content monetization.
News categories: Imagine Communications, Amazon Web Services, MOBITV, David Heppe, Khawaja Shams, Bill Routt, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Verimatrix integrates multi-DRM with the AWS SPEKE API
Aug 29, 2019 – Verimatrix (Paris:VMX) has announced interoperability between the Verimatrix Multi-DRM solution and the SPEKE API developed by AWS. Support for SPEKE eliminates the need for integrations between proprietary DRM APIs and encryptors from different vendors.
News categories: Verimatrix, Amazon Web Services, Nikolai Keychenko, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, Worldwide
Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
Jul 16, 2019 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that as part of an initiative to transform the technology that powers its products and services, it has migrated its core National Television Audience Measurement processing to a cloud-based infrastructure.
News categories: Nielsen, AWS, Scott N. Brown, Stephen Orban, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Over 100 million monthly active users for ThinkAnalytics' cloud content discovery
Jul 9, 2019 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its cloud-based personalized content discovery platform is the first in the industry to scale to over 100 million monthly active users in the cloud. Four of the firm’s OTT customers now have a combined user base that exceeds that number.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Peter Docherty, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Conversant uses Verimatrix Secure Cloud for multi-DRM security
Jun 18, 2019 – Verimatrix (Paris:INSD) has announced that Conversant is now hosting its Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) in the Verimatrix Secure Cloud. The cloud environment enables a SaaS model to more efficiently support harmonized rights management for multi-DRM video services.
News categories: Verimatrix, Conversant, Steve Oetegenn, Kong Wai, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Singapore
Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
May 16, 2019 – Insys Video has announced technology to automate identification of celebrities and inappropriate content in OTT content. Viewers can, for example, find the exact point in the show where a celebrity appears, while nudity and violence can be automatically flagged and blurred.
News categories: Insys Video, Krzysztof Bartkowski, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UX, Worldwide
INKA Entworks announces SPEKE API integration with AWS Elemental
Apr 24, 2019 – INKA ENTWORKS has announced integration between its PallyCon multi-DRM service and the SPEKE API developed by AWS. The integration enables media customers to encrypt content using PallyCon with encoders, transcoders and packagers that also support SPEKE.
News categories: INKA Entworks, AWS Elemental, PallyCon, Content Distribution, DRM, OTT, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Verimatrix VCAS Ultra integrated with AWS for secure live video
Apr 6, 2019 – Verimatrix (Paris: INSD) has announced API integration between its Verimatrix VCAS Ultra and AWS Elemental MediaConnect. The API integration provides CA and rights management applied between the content ingest and distribution workflows to video service providers.
News categories: Verimatrix, AWS Elemental, Petr Peterka, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, NABShow, Worldwide
VUALTO integrates DRM with AWS for live and on-demand video
Apr 4, 2019 – VUALTO has announced API integration between VUALTO’s VUDRM digital rights management service and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Media Services, including AWS Elemental MediaConvert, AWS Elemental MediaPackage, AWS Elemental Live, and AWS Elemental Delta.
News categories: VUALTO, AWS Elemental, Robert Mitchell, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks