Digital TV News: Amdocs
Vubiquity extends on-demand distribution deal with Turner
Apr 4, 2018 – VUBIQUITY (NASDAQ: DOX) has extended its long-standing relationship with Turner as the primary distributor of its On Demand content. VUBIQUITY distributes TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, CNN and other Turner networks to 60M+ households across North America and Canada.
News categories: Vubiquity, Turner, John Smith, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Amdocs to acquire Vubiquity
Jan 30, 2018 – Amdocs (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Vubiquity, increasing its capacity to deliver digital content capabilities to network operators, video distributors, OTT companies, content owners and content producers.
News categories: Amdocs, Vubiquity, Eli Gelman, Darcy Antonellis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
IPWireless and Amdocs to Demonstrate Mobile Broadcast (IMB) Applications on Samsung Galaxy S and Tab
Feb 14, 2011 – IPWireless has announced that it has collaborated with Amdocs (NYSE:DOX) to demonstrate rich, consumer friendly multimedia applications for Mobile TV, video recording with catch-up with live TV and more based on the 3GPP IMB standard.
News categories: IPWireless, Amdocs, 5G, Content Distribution, Mobile, MWC20, Tablet
IPWireless Partners with Streamezzo to Develop IMB Applications for Wide Range of Mobile Devices
Sep 9, 2010 – IPWireless has announced that it has partnered with Streamezzo to develop and deploy rich, consumer friendly multimedia applications for Mobile TV, video store and forward, interactive voting and more based on the 3GPP IMB standard.
News categories: IPWireless, Streamezzo, 5G, Content Distribution, IBC2019, Middleware, Mobile
O2, Orange, and Vodafone to Launch Pilot of New Broadcast Service in UK
Jun 22, 2010 – O2 (Madrid and NYSE: TEF), Orange (Paris and NYSE: FTE), and Vodafone (London:VOD) have announced an initiative to jointly pilot a new mobile broadcast system capable of delivering data intensive services such as mobile TV in a more efficient way.
News categories: O2, Orange, Vodafone, 5G, Digital TV, Mobile, UK
Interactive TV's Present and Future to be Featured at The Cable Show '09
Mar 26, 2009 – Enhanced TV and tru2way™ interactive TV applications will play a major role at The Cable Show '09 being held April 1-3 at the Washington, D.C. Convention Center, the annual convention of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association.
News categories: The Cable Show, CableLabs, Cable TV, Middleware
Ukraine's VELTON.TELECOM Selects Amdocs to Support Triple Play Services
Mar 18, 2008 – Amdocs (NYSE: DOX) has announced that VELTON.TELECOM has selected the Amdocs Compact Convergence suite to support its rapidly growing operations and the launch of new services, as it transforms into a triple-play service provider.
News categories: Amdocs, VELTON.TELECOM, Content Distribution, IPTV, Ukraine
CableLabs® Adopts IPDR Streaming Protocol into OCAP™ Version 1.1 Set-Top Box
Jan 23, 2007 – The Internet Protocol Detail Record Organization (IPDR.org) has announced that CableLabs® has adopted IPDR.org's technologies into its OpenCable™ Application Platform (OCAP™) Version 1.1 initiative.
News categories: IPDR.org, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage