Digital TV News: Amy Jo Smith
DEG creates Direct-to-Consumer advocacy alliance
Jan 8, 2019 – DEG has announced a new direction in media industry advocacy with the formation of the DTC Alliance as a subset of DEG membership. The alliance has established six committees to set objectives and agendas.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Amy Jo Smith, Big Data, CES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
comScore partners with DEG for digital industry reporting
Sep 22, 2016 – comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced a partnership with The Digital Entertainment Group (DEG) for comScore's Digital Download Essentials Industry (DDEi) service in North America. DDEi provides data on movie and TV content accessed by the consumer via the internet.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, comScore, Amy Jo Smith, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, North America, OTT, Set Top Box
DEG Releases Third Quarter U.S. Home Entertainment Results
Oct 19, 2009 – DEG has released third quarter U.S. sales figures for the home entertainment industry. Blu-ray Disc software sales continue to show dramatic growth with overall sales up 83 percent for the year and playback devices in 11.7 million U.S. households.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, USA
- China Central Television selects Harmonic media server for UHD playout
- NAGRA to showcase approach to pay TV business transformation at NAB 2019
- U.S. consumers piecing together their own personalized entertainment experience
- Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
- FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
- NCC Media connects online to its TV advertising platform
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
- NBCUniversal and Sky combine advanced advertising capabilities
- Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia
- Asia Pacific OTT to generate $48 billion
- Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
- Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
- NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
- CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
- US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
- Funimation licenses TiVo's Search, Recommendations and Insight modules
- FTTH Council Europe updates FTTH/FTTB figures
- Eleven Sports launches new streaming service in Japan
- Rakuten TV to expand reach to more than 40 countries in 2019
- Bezeq plans migration of 'yes' from satellite to OTT