Digital TV News: André Kudelski
Kudelski's SmarDTV device business becomes Neotion affiliate
Aug 14, 2018 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) and Neotion have announced that they have reached an agreement whereby SmarDTV’s Conditional Access Module (CAM) and Set-Top Box businesses are transferred to SmarDTV Global, a newly set up entity affiliated with Neotion.
News categories: Neotion, Kudelski, SmarDTV, Lionel Boissier, André Kudelski, CAM, Digital TV, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Kudelski and Twitter pursue business collaboration opportunities
Feb 20, 2017 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) and Twitter (TWTR) have announced that they have agreed to broaden their relationship and pursue collaborative opportunities in areas of joint interest.
News categories: Kudelski Group, Twitter, André Kudelski, Sharad Vivek, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Kudelski acquires watermarking leader NexGuard
Jul 8, 2016 – The Kudelski Group has announced the acquisition of 100% of NexGuard Labs BV (formerly Civolution BV), a leader in digital content watermarking solutions. This move expands the Kudelski Group’s portfolio of end-to-end content protection security solutions.
News categories: Kudelski Group, NexGuard Labs, André Kudelski, Content Protection, Digital TV, MnA, Watermarking, Worldwide
NAGRA introduces intuiTV at CES2016
Jan 4, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has unveiled 'intuiTV' at the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show. intuiTV delivers television and internet TV to pay-TV subscribers through an intuitive and immersive viewing experience in 4K Ultra HD and HD.
News categories: NAGRA, André Kudelski, CES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Worldwide
EchoStar and NAGRA make SmarDTV into a joint venture
Mar 31, 2015 – Kudelski (SIX: KUD.S) and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) have announced that EchoStar will become a shareholder in SmarDTV. EchoStar's operations in Steeton, U.K. and Madrid, Spain will be transferred to SmarDTV.
News categories: Kudelski, EchoStar, SmarDTV, André Kudelski, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, MnA, Set Top Box, Spain, UK, Worldwide
China’s Shandong Cable chooses NAGRA to secure large-scale cable tv deployment
Oct 22, 2013 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its conditional access technology, NAGRA MediaAccess, has been selected by Shandong Cable, the cable television provider for the Shandong Province of China and one the world’s largest cable operators.
News categories: NAGRA, Shandong Cable, Liu Baoju, André Kudelski, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV
Nagra enables over-the-top services for Spain's Jazztel
Jan 9, 2012 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced the launch of a new over-the-top (OTT) solution for Jazztel, Spain's fastest growing ISP provider, based on the platform NAGRA has already implemented at PRISA TV for their CANAL+ YOMVI service and internet brand.
News categories: NAGRA, Jazztel, PRISA TV, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Spain
CANAL+ and Kudelski announce Swiss partnership
Mar 16, 2011 – In the framework of the April launch of a new HD package, CANAL+/CANALSAT Switzerland has selected Nagravision's (SIX: KUD.S) Nagra Media Access conditional access system to provide subscribers with access to HD content delivered via satellite.
News categories: Nagravision, CANALSAT, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Switzerland
Five Digital TV industry players join forces to promote 3D"HD TV in France
May 5, 2010 – Numericable, Panasonic (NYSE:PC; Tokyo:6752), Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO), Nagravision (SWX:KUD.VX) and Sagemcom have joined together into a '3D"HD ALLIANCE' to promote 3D in high definition (3D"HD) in France.
News categories: Sagemcom, Nagravision, Cisco Systems, Panasonic, Numericable, Cable TV, France, Set Top Box, Smart TV, VR
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan