Digital TV News: Andrew Bennett
TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
Dec 3, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has launched the Prime Video app on select TiVo devices at its U.S. pay-TV operator customers. Content available in the app is easy to find through OneSearch, which serves up entertainment across live TV, on demand, and other streaming video apps.
News categories: TiVo, Amazon Prime Video, Dave Shull, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
Sep 16, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have announced plans to launch Amazon Prime Video on the Altice One entertainment and connectivity platform, providing access to the entire Prime Video catalog, for Altice’s Optimum and Suddenlink customers.
News categories: Altice USA, Prime Video, Hakim Boubazine, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Cox adds Amazon Prime Video access to Contour voice remote
May 13, 2019 – Cox Communications has announced that Contour customers now have access to Amazon Prime Video. By simply saying "Amazon Prime Video" or "Prime Video" into their Contour voice remote, customers can watch Amazon Originals.
News categories: Cox Communications, Prime Video, Kevin Hart, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
YouTube Apps to launch on Fire TV; Prime Video on Chromecast and Android TV
Apr 18, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) and Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL) have announced that the official YouTube app will soon launch on Amazon Fire TV devices and Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and that the Prime Video app will be available for streaming to Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices.
News categories: Prime Video, YouTube, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
T-Mobile and Amazon to bring Prime Video to TVision Home
Apr 10, 2019 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have announced an agreement bringing Prime Video to TVision Home later this year. TVision customers with a Prime membership will be able to watch all Prime content through the Prime Video app on TVision.
News categories: T-Mobile, Prime Video, TVision, Mike Sievert, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, USA
- VIZIO launches Direct Advertising business
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware