Digital TV News: Andrew Ferrone
Roku adds DTT tuner to 4K HDR streaming player
Oct 26, 2017 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced the availability of its first 4K UHD HDR capable hybrid OTA streaming player for Roku Powered partners. Telstra is the first Roku Powered licensee to deploy the new 4K HDR hybrid streaming player.
News categories: Roku, Telstra, Andrew Ferrone, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Roku to power Globe Streamwatch player in the Philippines
Oct 24, 2017 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and Globe Telecom have announced the signing of a licensing agreement allowing Globe to use Roku's streaming platform to deliver video services to its customers. Globe will launch the Streamwatch player in the Philippines by November this year.
News categories: Roku, Globe Telecom, Andrew Ferrone, Martha Sazon, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
Roku powers Kwesé Play streaming platform in Africa
Sep 14, 2017 – Roku and Econet Media have announced that the companies have entered a Roku Powered license agreement for the launch of streaming TV service Kwesé Play. The Kwesé Play service and streaming player are now available in South Africa.
News categories: Roku, Econet Media, Andrew Ferrone, Joseph Hundah, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Set Top Box, South Africa
PLDT announces next generation TVolution streaming box
Apr 26, 2017 – PLDT has announced the next generation of its TVolution streaming box. PLDT has worked with Roku to deliver to its customers a fully proven solution that is easy to use and loaded with great content.
News categories: PLDT, Roku, Oscar Reyes Jr, Andrew Ferrone, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
PLDT licenses Roku to launch streaming service and player
Sep 9, 2016 – Roku and PLDT have announced that PLDT is the fifth operator that has joined the Roku Powered program, and the first operator in Asia to leverage the Roku streaming platform to deliver TV services to its broadband customers.
News categories: Roku, PLDT, Andrew Ferrone, Oscar Reyes Jr, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
Cisco to bring VideoGuard protection to Roku devices
May 16, 2016 – Cisco and Roku have announced a collaboration to enable the Cisco VideoGuard Everywhere video service protection solution on Roku streaming players and Roku TVs.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Roku, Charter Communications, Rajeev Raman, Andrew Ferrone, Jim Blackley, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Roku developing set-top box for operator partners
Jan 29, 2016 – Roku has announced that it is developing a hybrid set-top box that will be available for production by Roku Powered partners. Sky will be the first Roku Powered operator to deploy the box as part of its NOW TV service in the UK.
News categories: Roku, Sky, Andrew Ferrone, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK, Worldwide
Telstra unveils new Telstra TV streaming device
Oct 16, 2015 – Telstra has unveiled its Telstra TV streaming device. Telstra TV is a streaming player that allows Telstra broadband customers to watch the most popular streaming services, rent the latest blockbuster films and catch up on their favourite TV shows.
News categories: Telstra, Roku, Joe Pollard, Andrew Ferrone, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Charter launches Spectrum TV as a Roku app
Oct 12, 2015 – Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) has announced that its Spectrum TV App is now available as a channel on Roku players and Roku TVs. Charter TV customers are able to stream Spectrum TV content to any TV in the home connected to a Roku device.
News categories: Charter Communications, Roku, Tom Rutledge, Andrew Ferrone, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs