Digital TV News: Aneesh Rajaram
Vewd wins Emmy for work on HTML5 for TV
Jan 30, 2020 – Vewd has announced that the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS) has granted Vewd a Technology & Engineering Emmy Award for its pioneering work on HTML5 for the presentation of online content on the TV screen.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vewd and Bitrouter offer integrated ATSC 3.0 software solution
Jan 7, 2020 – Vewd has partnered with BitRouter to pre-integrate BitRouter's ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0 receiver software package with its Vewd OS and Vewd Core. The joint offering accelerates the launch of hybrid TV devices supporting NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: BitRouter, Vewd, Gopal Miglani, Aneesh Rajaram, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Amlogic and Vewd introduce turnkey chipset platform for pay TV service
Sep 13, 2019 – Amlogic has partnered with Vewd to pre-integrate Vewd OS on chipsets designed for streaming media players, STBs and connected home devices. The partnership reduces CapEx and time-to-market for manufacturers selecting Amlogic silicon, while giving access to the Vewd OS feature set.
News categories: Vewd, Amlogic, Aneesh Rajaram, James Xie, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Arion selects Vewd to support HbbTV OpApp deployment across Europe
Sep 12, 2019 – Vewd and Arion have partnered to deliver Vewd Core, and Vewd’s HbbTV and Operator App modules on Arion set-top boxes. The new agreement will result in the deployment of set-top boxes supporting the new HbbTV Operator App standard throughout Europe.
News categories: Vewd, Arion, Aneesh Rajaram, SH Cho, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC2019, Set Top Box
ALi and Vewd bring OTT functionality to entry-level Pay TV STBs
Sep 11, 2019 – Vewd has announced that ALi Corporation will pre-integrate Vewd Atom on its ALi M3528 platform for set-top boxes. This breakthrough cloud-based solution brings full OTT functionality to entry-level set-top boxes previously unable to run modern TV apps.
News categories: Vewd, ALi Corp, Aneesh Rajaram, Sophia Liang, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vewd and Realtek collaborate to advance Android TV offering
Aug 27, 2019 – Vewd has announced that Realtek will pre-integrate Vewd’s smart TV technology and essential modules with their Android TV-based chipsets. The integration will include Vewd Core as well as Vewd's hybrid TV, media player and Freeview Play modules.
News categories: Vewd, Realtek, Android TV, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
INNOPIA announces Vewd OS-based streaming device
Jun 18, 2019 – Vewd has announced that INNOPIA will launch an HDMI-based streaming media device featuring Vewd OS. The new device empowers operators with unprecedented control and flexibility while enabling the premium OTT services subscribers demand.
News categories: Vewd, INNOPIA, Aneesh Rajaram, Heewon Park, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NOVATEK and Vewd partner to create turnkey smart TV platform
Jan 8, 2019 – Vewd has partnered with NOVATEK to enable Vewd OS on chipsets powering Linux-based smart TVs. Adding Vewd OS to NOVATEK chipsets provides OEMs with a pre-integrated Smart TV OS containing the most requested advanced smart TV features.
News categories: Vewd, NOVATEK, Aneesh Rajaram, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
iflix app certified for Vewd-enabled Smart TVs and STBs
Oct 11, 2018 – Vewd and iflix have partnered to make iflix available on Vewd enabled devices. The iflix app has been certified for the Vewd ecosystem, meaning that it can be deployed on millions of connected TVs and STBs without challenging integration.
News categories: Vewd, iflix, Aneesh Rajaram, Mark Britt, Africa, Apps, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform