Digital TV News: Aneesh Rajaram
NOVATEK and Vewd partner to create turnkey smart TV platform
Jan 8, 2019 – Vewd has partnered with NOVATEK to enable Vewd OS on chipsets powering Linux-based smart TVs. Adding Vewd OS to NOVATEK chipsets provides OEMs with a pre-integrated Smart TV OS containing the most requested advanced smart TV features.
News categories: Vewd, NOVATEK, Aneesh Rajaram, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
iflix app certified for Vewd-enabled Smart TVs and STBs
Oct 11, 2018 – Vewd and iflix have partnered to make iflix available on Vewd enabled devices. The iflix app has been certified for the Vewd ecosystem, meaning that it can be deployed on millions of connected TVs and STBs without challenging integration.
News categories: Vewd, iflix, Aneesh Rajaram, Mark Britt, Africa, Apps, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Vewd and HiSilicon introduce turnkey platform for streaming devices
Sep 12, 2018 – Vewd, with HiSilicon, has announced Vewd Go, a turnkey streaming media player reference design built for operators to boost subscribers by directly addressing the demands of the OTT generation. Vewd Go gives operators new ways to reach cord-nevers, cord-cutters, multi-room subscribers, and subscribers-on-the-go.
News categories: Vewd, HiSilicon, Aneesh Rajaram, John Liu, Digital TV, IBC, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Opentech selects Vewd to provide HbbTV support at European operators
Sep 11, 2018 – Vewd and Opentech have announced a contract that adds Vewd Core, and Vewd’s HbbTV 2.0.1 and Operator Applications modules to their set-top boxes (STBs). The agreement will result in the first deployment of STBs supporting the HbbTV Operator Application standard.
News categories: Vewd, Opentech, Aneesh Rajaram, Juyong Lee, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box
Tivù partners with Vewd to introduce HbbTV Operator Apps
Sep 11, 2018 – Tivù has become the world’s first operator to deploy an HbbTV Operator App (OpApp) together with Vewd. tivùon, Tivù’s OpApp, creates a virtual set-top box with an operator’s own UI and applications to offer a more engaging and branded user experience.
News categories: Vewd, Tivù, Opentech, Yotta Media Labs, Aneesh Rajaram, Alberto Sigismondi, Juyong Lee, Raj Patel, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, IBC, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Vewd Atom brings OTT apps to legacy set-top boxes
Sep 7, 2018 – Vewd has announced Vewd Atom, an OTT solution that brings apps and streaming experiences to operator devices previously incapable such services. Vewd Atom consists of Vewd’s OTT platform running in the cloud connected to a lightweight client on the device.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, IBC, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vewd OS arrives for Android TV with focus on Operator Tier
Aug 21, 2018 – Vewd has announced Vewd OS for Android TV operator tier, bringing the company’s smart TV technology and modules to Android TV’s Operator Tier. Vewd OS enhances Android TV with a turnkey experience and extensive product modules.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajara, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vewd and Kaltura build Sesame Street connected TV app
May 29, 2018 – Sesame Workshop has launched a Sesame Street streaming TV app for Vewd-enabled connected TV devices. The app is available on connected TV devices from Sony, Samsung, HiSense, Tivo, Vestel and many more.
News categories: Vewd, Kaltura, Sesame Workshop, Aneesh Rajaram, Gideon Gilboa, Jenny Gioia, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
HiSilicon and Vewd to develop pre-integrated OTT platform
May 9, 2018 – Vewd and HiSilicon have announced that it will develop turnkey OTT software solutions directly on HiSilicon’s chipsets. The collaboration gives device manufacturers a path to streaming, with no extra integration required.
News categories: Vewd, HiSilicon, Aneesh Rajaram, Kun Luo, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- China Central Television selects Harmonic media server for UHD playout
- NAGRA to showcase approach to pay TV business transformation at NAB 2019
- U.S. consumers piecing together their own personalized entertainment experience
- Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
- FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
- NCC Media connects online to its TV advertising platform
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
- NBCUniversal and Sky combine advanced advertising capabilities
- Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia
- Asia Pacific OTT to generate $48 billion
- Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
- Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
- NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
- CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
- US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
- Funimation licenses TiVo's Search, Recommendations and Insight modules
- FTTH Council Europe updates FTTH/FTTB figures
- Eleven Sports launches new streaming service in Japan
- Rakuten TV to expand reach to more than 40 countries in 2019
- Bezeq plans migration of 'yes' from satellite to OTT