Digital TV News: Anil Khera
Videocon d2h selects MStar HEVC SoC for HD zapper
Jan 8, 2015 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that it will provide its high efficiency video codec (HEVC) H.265 system-on-chip (SoC) to Videocon d2h. The chip will be utilized in Videocon d2h’s HD set-top-boxes (STBs).
News categories: MStar Semi, Videocon d2h, Wayne Liang, Saurabh Dhoot, Anil Khera, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Videocon d2h chooses Broadcom for HD Satellite DVR
Jul 21, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Videocon d2h has selected Broadcom's satellite set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) to power their latest high definition USB digital video recorder (DVR)
News categories: Broadcom, Videocon d2h, Daniel Simmons, Anil Khera, Rajiv Kapur, Digital TV, DVR, India, Satellite, Semiconductor
Videocon d2h first to preview 4K Ultra HD DTH in India
Jul 3, 2014 – Videocon d2h has announced a preview of 4K Ultra HD DTH services. The company will be the first Indian DTH company to provide these services. The 4K Ultra HD DTH services will be available commercially very soon.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Saurabh Dhoot, Anil Khera, Digital TV, India, Satellite
MStar Semi for Videocon d2h HD MPEG-4 DVB-S2 set-top box
Apr 21, 2014 – MStar Semiconductor has announced the mass production of an HD MPEG-4 DVB-S2 set-top box with Videocon d2h, the fastest growing DTH service provider in India.
News categories: MStar Semi, Videocon d2h, Wayne Liang, Anil Khera, Digital TV, DVB-S2, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
VIDEOCON d2h connections reach 10 million in India
Jan 28, 2014 – Videocon d2h has announced that it now has more than 10 million connections. Videocon d2h credits this growth to the wide range of channels and services, high definition and a focus on customer service.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Saurabh Dhoot, Anil Khera, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Videocon Doubles Subscriber Base in 8 Months Using Irdeto
Sep 1, 2011 – Just eight months after securing its first two million customers, Videocon d2h (Bombay:511389), a provider of DTH services for India, has reached four million subscribers. Videocon d2h implemented and launched their services using Irdeto's (JSE:NPN) pay-TV solution.
News categories: Irdeto, Videocon d2h, Conditional Access, India, Satellite, Subscribers
India's Videocon d2h crosses 3 million subscriber mark
Apr 19, 2011 – Videocon d2h, the direct-to-home (DTH) company promoted by Videocon Group, has crossed the three million subscriber mark.
News categories: d2h, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Videocon d2h presents India's first HD DVR with 3D
Mar 16, 2011 – Videocon d2h has announced the launch of India's first High Definition - Digital Video Recorder with 3D. Now its customers will be able to enjoy 3D content and experience a new world of Digital Entertainment.
News categories: d2h, Digital TV, DVR, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, VR
Irdeto Delivers End-to-End DVB SmartStart Solution To Videocon's D2H+
Sep 12, 2008 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that it has signed an agreement to provide its end-to-end DVB SmartStart solution for the DTH operations of Videocon (Mumbai: 511389) media arm, Bharat Business Channel, under the brand name "D2H+".
News categories: Irdeto, Videocon, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, India, Middleware, Satellite
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers