Digital TV News: Antel
Panaccess launches Pantelio DTH platform for the Slovak and Czech markets
Sep 12, 2018 – Panaccess has presented Pantelio, a direct-to-home (DTH) television platform for the Slovak and Czech markets, which it has launched in partnership with Hispasat and Belinter Media. The platform will distribute in these countries using Hispasat 30W-5.
News categories: Hispasat, Panaccess, Belinter Media, Ignacio Sanchis, Roland Shlichting, Conditional Access, Czech Republic, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, Satellite, Slovakia
Reliance BIG TV to be acquired by Pantel & Veecon Media and Television
Nov 27, 2017 – Reliance Communications (RCOM) has entered into a binding Share Purchase Agreement with Pantel Technologies and Veecon Media & Television for the sale of its subsidiary Reliance BIG TV Limited (RBTV), engaged in the business of DTH TV services across India.
News categories: Reliance Communications, Pantel Technologies, Vijender Singh, Digital TV, India, MnA, Satellite
Uruguay's Antel selects Elemental for mobile and fiber OTT services
Aug 18, 2016 – Elemental has announced that Uruguayan state-owned telecommunications company Administración Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (Antel) has selected Elemental video processing to power its new TIER III Datacenter.
News categories: Elemental, Antel, Keith Wymbs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Uruguay
Omantel offers Humax OTT Android set-top box
Jun 19, 2016 – Omantel has announced the launch of Humax H1 – an Android set-top box that bundles popular content providers including beIN Sports, ICFLIX, Starz Play, Mavshack, OSN GO, Kids content and YouTube.
News categories: Omantel, Humax, Saleh Al Maimani, Digital TV, Middleware, Oman, OTT, Set Top Box
Omantel opts for ARRIS set-top boxes
Apr 24, 2016 – Omantel has selected ARRIS VIP2262v2 DVR set-tops to deliver DVR capabilities and on-demand HD content for its new Omantel TV+ service. Omantel subscribers will use the ARRIS set-tops to access more than 450 TV channels over their broadband connection.
News categories: ARRIS, Omantel, Steve McCaffery, Ali Haded, Digital TV, IPTV, Oman, Set Top Box
Omantel launches its IPTV service
Jan 27, 2016 – Omantel has announced the launch of Omantel TV+, its IPTV service. Omantel TV+ will enable subscribers to watch news, sports, entertainment and the latest movies, with 450+ popular TV channels, 1100+ movies and 3500+ TV series.
News categories: Omantel, Talal Al Mamari, Haitham Al Kharusi, Digital TV, IPTV, Oman
Omantel to offer IPTV based on du's technology platform
Oct 21, 2015 – du has announced that it has signed an IPTV partnership agreement with Omantel, Oman’s largest telecom operator. Through the tie up, Omantel will be able to launch IPTV in its local market using du’s IPTV platform.
News categories: 'du', Omantel, Osman Sultan, Talal Said Marhoon Al Mamari, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Oman
IBC Content Everywhere and NHK bring 8K television to the Middle East
Dec 29, 2014 – Visitors to January's IBC Content Everywhere MENA will be able to feast their eyes on Super Hi-Vision, the latest video technology from Japanese national broadcaster NHK, which features 16-times the resolution of currently available HD TV.
News categories: IBC Content Everywhere, NHK, Michael Crimp, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middle-East, Smart TV, UAE
Pakistan's WorldCall selects Verimatrix Cardless DVB Security
Jun 17, 2014 – Verimatrix has announced that WorldCall Telecom has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for DVB to secure its digital cable (DVB-C) network.
News categories: Verimatrix, WorldCall Telecom, Furqan Ahman Mubarik, Steve Oetegenn, Cable TV, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Pakistan
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- egta survey shows continued transformation of the advertising industry
- European pay TV to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023
- OpenAP partners with dataxu to power digital audience creation
- Manatt and Vorhaus report on the state of content consumption
- Mirada results for the year ended 31 March 2019
- Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
- 7.1 million digital paying CATV subscribers for Hathway at end-2Q 2019
- Tremor Video combines capabilities with YuMe by RhythmOne
- Tastemade selects Telaria for programmatic OTT and CTV advertising
- SmartLabs becomes Samsung Smart TV App Developer
- India active DTH subscribers up 1.95 million in 1Q 2019
- DVB adds HDR Dynamic Mapping to its AV coding specifications
- Third of Netflix subscribers might switch to a cheaper, ad-supported tier